3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
conbuc
283 Views, 3 Replies

Frustrating Dimension Problem!

So this problem is a result of a workaround for this problem here:

Dimension Scaling Problem

Can someone tell me why AutoCAD insists on putting the "mm" suffix on angular dimensions??? It looks stupid and unprofessional. The only way I know how to fix it right now is manually edit each angular dimension. Is there abetter way?

Please note: I need the "mm" unit label on linear dimensions because I am dimensioing in dual dimensions for drawings being reviewed by customers here in the states but manufactured by suppliers in Europe.

It is frustrating that AutoCAD will not allow me to draw in metric units in a metric template but dimension in IMPERIAL primary units and METRIC secondary units (see here for that discussion: Dimension Scaling Problem)

Thanks to anyone that can help me solve this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: conbuc

You need to create a "child" dimension style so Linear dimensions get the mm suffix, but not angular dimension.   I made a video of this some years ago, but the site I have it hosted on seems to be down at the moment....

If you can't figure out how to create a child dimstyle, post back and I'll try again to retrieve the link to the demo.

Message 3 of 4
conbuc
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you for the prompt reply and excellent advice. I'll do some research see what I can dig up!

Regards.

Message 4 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: conbuc

Here's a link to the demo... .I believe it shows exactly how to correct the scenario you described

Create a child dimstyle - Linear -->  http://www.screencast.com/t/DcIbkbkUmu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost