Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustratied with Autodesk support

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
320 Views, 9 Replies

Frustratied with Autodesk support

Can anyone tell me how to get help with my downloading issues? I have had the worst experience ever trying to download  programs from Autodesk. Frustrated

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

Which Autodesk product(s) are you trying to download, and what type of license do you have  (ie no license/trial version/stand alone license/Subscription/Student version etc.)

Message 3 of 10
3wood

It is always a good idea to guide people step by step to show them what happened during the installation so people can analyse the problem together with you.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

I agree! When I purchased the monthly subscription (with support) I didn't realize that there would only be e-mail communication and it would take days to get a reply from Autodesk.

PENNINGTON/FABCO
Shane Phillips
Office: (405) 392-4545
Cell: (405) 274-6717
The information is intended only for the person or entity to witch it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. if you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
Message 5 of 10
nestly2

sphillips wrote:
I agree! When I purchased the monthly subscription (with support) I didn't realize that there would only be e-mail communication and it would take days to get a reply from Autodesk.

Does that mean that you've submitted a Support request?

Perhaps try downloading through the Virtual Agent

Start the Virtual Agent

Click on "Download Links"

Select your Product

Select your version

More --> How to download or re-download software

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I have purchased AutoCAD 2015 w/subscription. While trying to download, I get: "The Autodesk license server cannot be found". I have tried this download multiple times with my firewalls turned off. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have even purchased a new computer to be sure that wasn't the problem. 

PENNINGTON/FABCO
Shane Phillips
The information is intended only for the person or entity to witch it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. if you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
Message 7 of 10
nestly2

Just to be clear, Are you are receiving the license server message while you are trying to download the program from the Autodesk servers to your computer, or while trying to install AutoCAD on your computer?

If the former, does the same thing happen if you try to download with the Virtual Agent link here, or in my previous message?

Autodesk Virtual Agent.gif

Message 8 of 10
pendean

Do NOT install from the web. EVER. FROM ANY SOFTWARE VENDOR.

Autodesk Customer Service Virtual Agent is the place to grab all downloads:
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
1. Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
2. Disable UAC
3. Close and reopen your preferred browser.
4. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
5. Select the choice "Download Links".
6. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
7. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

DWGTrueview 2014 download links can be found in this post if you want it:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/TrueView-download/m-p/4427763#M68123
DTV 2015 64bit Download is here if you want it:
http://download.autodesk.com/esd/dwgtrueview/2015/SetupDWGTrueView2015_ENU_64bit.sfx.exe

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

While I am trying to install.
When I click on the Virtual Agent link it runs thru screens that would be available if I were able to install the program. I don't get a chance to get to any activation screens. I'm sure this is more simple than I am making it out to be. I have downloaded other programs fine. Also, all the add-ons (Autodesk 360, Recap, ect.) load and work fine.

PENNINGTON/FABCO
Shane Phillips
Message 10 of 10
nestly2

sphillips wrote:
While I am trying to install.
When I click on the Virtual Agent link it runs thru screens that would be available if I were able to install the program. I don't get a chance to get to any activation screens. I'm sure this is more simple than I am making it out to be. I have downloaded other programs fine. Also, all the add-ons (Autodesk 360, Recap, ect.) load and work fine.

OK so lets make sure we are on the same page.

In order to install AutoCAD2015, all you need is a computer and the installation files.  You do not need a license, subscription, or any activation information.

We know you have the computer, so now you need the installation files.  In order to have the installation files, you need physical media (DVD or Thumb drive) with the installation files, or you have to download the installation file.  (It's a big file... it could take several hours)

If you haven't already downloaded the 1.6GB file, use the Virtual Agent to do so as shown in the animation posted above.

AFTER you have downloaded the 1.6GB file, find it on your computer and double click it to install AutoCAD2015. Again, you can do all of this without having a license, subscription, or any activation information. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost