AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Active Contributor
isaacc
Message 1 of 9 (595 Views)

Floating/Moving Parts

595 Views, 8 Replies
06-12-2013 11:58 AM

Why does this always happen to parts? I know AutoCAD can't be this bugged for everybody or nobody would use it. Basically what happens is I make a model, save it, insert it into a new drawing and make arrangements of different parts. Randomly, I will insert something (like this part) that was totally fine and looked great even after I saved it and it will be all jacked up and parts of it wil be strewn all over the place with no discernable reason for it. When I delete the part and open the original part file I was trying to insert, it is all messed up just like it was once it was inserted. The attached picture is what it looks like in the original part file, no going back it's saved like that. If I move it in shaded view to the right spot it is wrong in wireframe and vice-versa. It is definitely not my PC's fault, gotta be the way I am drawing or the fact that I'm on a network drive that could have a low quality network or something. Any ideas?Error1.JPG

Also it shows them selected in their original place, it just did this again to a different piece while this post was uploading...

Error2.JPG

Active Contributor
isaacc
Message 2 of 9 (591 Views)

Re: Floating/Moving Parts

06-12-2013 12:17 PM in reply to: isaacc
*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 3 of 9 (581 Views)

06-12-2013 01:13 PM in reply to: isaacc

If you have not done so already, you should log a support request with Autodesk with links to this and your other topic.

My first impression is that there's some 3rd party software affecting your 3D solids.

Product Support
zalant
Message 4 of 9 (519 Views)

06-17-2013 05:21 PM in reply to: isaacc

Isaac,

We've worked with your drawing here, and I've attached the results of our tinkering.  I found that by exploding the solids, and then undo-ing the EXPLODE command, it did away with the alternate (invisible) content, and then I could move the remaining content into place.  I unlocked everything and deleted the invisible blocks, which appeared to contain nothing anyway.  Then I ran PURGE and -PURGE (for regapps) and the resultant file is zipped up and attached to this posting.  Please let me know if it works for you upon opening it.  

Zac Travis
adrijpsoares
Message 5 of 9 (501 Views)

06-18-2013 08:09 AM in reply to: zalant

I have the same problem. Creating a multileaf spring, the 2 rear clips jumped out of place. If one selects these clips, you can notice a gost image with dashed lines on the places they were and should be. This is happening many times as I am making a cathalog using rendered images of springs. Please you help on this one.

Product Support
zalant
Message 6 of 9 (489 Views)

06-18-2013 09:40 AM in reply to: adrijpsoares

It's the same kind of thing with this drawing.  If you EXPLODE the solid and then UNDO the EXPLODE, the object will be all contained in the same spot again.  I did that and repositioned the objects near where they were originally.  There might be some slight inaccuracies with the placement, but that should be easy enough to correct.

Zac Travis
Valued Contributor
knmdk
Message 7 of 9 (474 Views)

06-18-2013 10:30 AM in reply to: isaacc

Well you're not alone with this issue. Have a look at my thread.

adrijpsoares
Message 8 of 9 (453 Views)

06-18-2013 03:00 PM in reply to: isaacc

If you explode the object, it will remain on the new position, not on the original position where  it was supposed to be. So you have to move it back aproximately to the original position, it will not be a precise position. If later I intend to use this object on Mechanical, for loads and rate, I will find out the the "touching" object is no longer touching. And if the touching surface was generated by LOFT command, it will be impossible to uses solid snaps. So the Explode command may be a temporary solution until Autodesk gets a solution for this. Thanks anyway fo helping 

*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 9 of 9 (447 Views)

06-18-2013 03:16 PM in reply to: adrijpsoares

Agreed.

EXPLODE > UNDO may provide some relief in that the objects don't have to be re-created, but it's not a solution.  It's simply a method to eliminate the ghosting.  It does not address the reason for the ghosting, or what caused the object to move from it's original location.  I would hope the two drawings in this thread will be examined by Autodesk to identify and correct the source of the anomoly.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!