Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flexible conduit 1/2" and 3/4"diameter (3D)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
crsimmons
1173 Views, 2 Replies

flexible conduit 1/2" and 3/4"diameter (3D)

I use autoCAD mostly to do as-built 2D drawings of conduit routing over architectural backgrounds.  But, I have been asked to do a shop drawing in 3D which needs to include 1/2" and 3/4" flexible steel conduit. 

I've updated my subscription (single seat user) each year from 2009.  And, I have the latest 2015 installed on my computer.  But, I'm still doing everything in 2011 since I'm used to that UI.  Only use 2015 to open and back save drawings to 2010.

At present, I've built a 3D representation of a piece of mechanical equipment (done in 2011).  And, I can extrude paths to represent smooth conduit (which is my next task).

But, is there a routine without upgrading to MEP or buying a 3rd party software package to build a 3D representation of flexible conduit (steel flex) in AutoCAD?

Thank you,

Chris Simmons

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: crsimmons

Try sweeping a circle on a polyline or 3dpoly path (or combination of them if you have multiple planes since polylines are limited to single planes).  polylines and splines support curved paths but 3dpolys only have straight segments.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
crsimmons
in reply to: dbroad

Thank you dbroad!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost