fkatshot is not showing blocks from xref

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
glicuado
1185 Views, 5 Replies

fkatshot is not showing blocks from xref

hi,

I have 3d dwg B with some solid blocks and xrefs, B is called in turn by A, which is the main dwg

When using flatshot in B all blocks and xrefs are displayed without problem but the same is not true in A where flatshot ignores all solid blocks from B and its xrefs

What am I doing wrong? 

Is there any way to wrok around this problem?

Thanks isn advance,

glicuado

Acad2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: glicuado

Maybe check the xref scaling.  FLATSHOT won't project 3D solids inside blocks if the block is non-uniformly scaled... I never tested, but it stands to reason the same would be true for solids within a non-uniformly scaled xref.

Message 3 of 6
glicuado
in reply to: nestly2

thanks nestly2

It is not  a block scale problem, playing with my dwg I discovered that if I turn on all the layers flatshot works without problems

But if I turn off most of the layers to make a partial view, problem comes back, there is a difference between the display  and flatshot's exported file, solid blocks are omitted

In theory, it should be more complex to make a full set flatshot, on the other hand, I can't hide objects because it hides full xrefs

It's a problem of faltshot and having some layers off.

Any idea?

Thanks in advence

glicuado

Message 4 of 6
nestly2

Just so I'm clear, are the "solid blocks" in DrawingB  3D Solids, or 3D Solids within blocks?  If the latter, do the objects inside the block have property overrides applied, or is everything BYLAYER or BYBLOCK?

If you are turning the layers "OFF" to control the display, try Freezing them instead

Are you creating the Flatshot from Modelspace, or from within Layout/Viewport

Can you attach the drawings,  (at least DrawingB)

Message 5 of 6
glicuado
in reply to: nestly2

thanks nestl2

You got it!! but I do have a question for you, BDwg uses many  blocks and xrefs, my question is how should I define the layers of the solids within block if I'm going to use it in several layers?

My error is that I define the content of blocks on layer 0 and once the block is created is used in several layers, so  blockA is used on the layers LayerA, LeyerB, etc. but the content of blockA is in layer 0.

How should I create/edit blocks to adopt  the layer in use as a block?

Thanks so much for your time,

glicuado

Message 6 of 6
nestly2

As a general rule, all the obects within my blocks are on Layer0 with no properties overridesLayer0 is not used for anything else, only block contents, there's no reason to ever turn off Layer0.  In doing so, everything about the block is controlled by the layer the block resides on. Color, lineweight, linetype... Basically it acts like any other object.

For instance imagine a door block in a floorplan. The same door block is used on multiple floors, and each floor has it's own layer for doors. To display only the 2nd floor objects, all the layers that aren't related to the 2nd floor are turned off/frozen (except Layer0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost