Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter out plotters

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ahogue
543 Views, 4 Replies

Filter out plotters

One of the common things we need to do at my company is export a PDF of a drawing via the DWG To PDF.pc3 Plotter.

It takes us a long time to sort through all the available sizes for this plotter, so we wanted to filter it out. Here is the problem we're encountering:

We can't set the default size to the one we want because it always changes it back to "ISO full bleed B1 (707.00 x 1000.00 MM)" regardless of what I do.

Even if I try to filter it out, it's the only one out of all the options that refuses to stay unchecked.

I've already tried modifying the plotter to do what i want and it doesn't work.

How can I fix this problem so that I only have these two paper sizes that appear in the drop down menu:

ANSI full bleed B (11.00 x 17.00 Inches)

ANSI full bleed A (8.50 x 11.00 Inches)

I also want it to default to 11x17.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: ahogue

I know this does not answer the question, but have you tried the EXPORTPDF command? It will attempt to use the current pagesetup settings.

To get back to your question, I see a similar issue here (B1 is always visible), but it's not always the default unless there is not a page size equal to the page size in the current page setup.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
fredrik
in reply to: rkmcswain

I usually create my own paper size even if the size exists in the list.
Setting the margins to 0 to fill the whole pdf...
The custom paper sizes is usually listed first.
If you save the settings to a template you use then save some time every time you start a new drawing.
Message 4 of 5
jggerth1
in reply to: ahogue

Start using named page setups, & that will greatly simlify your life,  Just chose the pagesetup when plotting or publishing, and no need to worry about hpw many different page sizes are theoretically  available from that plotter -- you've already defined the few you need.

Message 5 of 5
ukdxb012
in reply to: jggerth1

I take it you have gone into the PDF PC3 files preferences, browsed to filter the paper sizes and saved a PMP file in the right local folder? This will only work for the machine you do the changes on, you would have to repeat it for everyone else. As I suggestion... Extract your standard PC3 files to a shared network location for all CAD users and reference the path in each of the CAD profiles used by everyone. Do the same process for Plot Styles and you will find things become much easier. However, consider locking some folders down so only certain people can add, modify or delete these. If PC3 is your preferred method, make sure to Hide System Printers in the profile as well, if you don't, users will get confused between system printer references and PC3.

As suggested in a previous post, you could simplify things further with Page Setups.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost