Did you mean: 

file size problem

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
shavezkhan
701 Views, 11 Replies

file size problem

to reduce this file size i have used dgnpurge,dxfout,dxfin,wblock,exporttaautocad,purge audit ,but still file size is 14mb

somebody help me to know what is the problem in this drawing

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t8b7o9jpfnq8g6/XREF-FF-CSD.dwg?dl=0

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
nrz13
in reply to: shavezkhan

I have not looked at the drawing, but I would guess DELCONSTRAINT → All will probably help.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 3 of 12
shavezkhan
in reply to: nrz13

thank brother but i already used this command DELCONSTRAINT 

Message 4 of 12
rkmcswain

I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it, but it looks like you just have a drawing with a lot of entities in it.

123,000+ lines

31,000+ arcs

28,000+ polylines

28,000+ splines

9,400+ ellipses

Now I didn't check to see if any of those are duplicates or not.

There is certainly some efficiency to be gained from converting some of the repetitive shapes into blocks instead of repeating the same geometry over and over. (Hint: Isolate all the ARCS and/or ELLIPSES and take a look)

Other than that, I don't see any, what you might call, corruption due to unwanted data in the drawing. I used SuperPurge to check it out.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 12
nestly2

I has similar results as rkmcswain. Nothing inherently wrong with the drawing, just an excess of single entities. I exploded the block then used OVERKILL which found/deleted tens of thousands of overlapping objects, but still didn't significantly reduce the file size.

Surely (hopefully) the drawing wasn't created using all those single entities.  Where did the drawing originate?  (My guess is that it's block created by using FLATSHOT on drawing that was originally 3D)

Message 6 of 12
shavezkhan
in reply to: rkmcswain

yes. you are right all of these arc,ellipes etc file size is huge now i have manage all those stuff so now file size is 4mb

Message 7 of 12
shavezkhan
in reply to: nestly2

thanks nestly,,,
Message 8 of 12
lunaliang

I am really new to autoCAD. I created a drawing for my mask design. The .dxf file needs to be less than 1.5 mb to manufacture. However, the file is now +60 mb. I tried purge and reapps but it's still really big. Can someone help me out with this issue please? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfrsbjajjxl2a85/Three_pattern_CNT_mask_YL.dwg?dl=0

Message 9 of 12
pendean
in reply to: lunaliang

DXF files are not compressed: a DXF file is a text document of your DWG file where every element is described in words. Look for yourself: open the DXF file in your favorite word processor software and read it.
Only way to make it small is you erase content.
Message 10 of 12
rkmcswain
in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:
 ....a DXF file is a text document of your DWG file where every element is described in words.

Unless it's a binary DXF file, which according to the documentation is about 25% smaller.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (1)
Message 11 of 12
pendean

True, but sadly 25% of 60MB is still no where near the 1.5MB file size limit this user wishes to achieve.
Message 12 of 12
pendean
in reply to: lunaliang

One of your squares with the dense arrays create a DXF file about a 1.5MB friend: but I only got a 20MB DXF file using AutoCAD 2015 and exporting to an R12DXF file. I'm not sure it actually finished though.

May I ask what this is? looks like a radar array front panel to me and I'm not sure a CNC machine can actually create those tiny holes you have arrayed in each if it is meant to be created as a single panel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost