Fatal Error when opening drawing

I am getting the "fatal error" below when opening a drawing:

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: tmccar

Hi,

first of all, copy your BAK file away, it might be your last release you can open.

With your DWG, in case you are working in a network environment:

• copy your file onto your local harddisk.
  • then start AutoCAD and command _RECOVER or - if XRef's are attached - start command _RECOVERALL.

Also helpful in case of XRef's ==> make sure that the referenced DWG-files can't be found as it might be possible that not your "master drawing" has that issue, just one of the XRef's.

You might also try to create a new drawing and start command _INSERT to import the content of the defect drawing.

If you have Map 3D (or Civil 3D) you might try the ADEDRAWINGS ==> ADEQUERY approach to get data imported from the problem-DWG.

At least you might upload your DWG file, maybe someone here get the drawing back to life.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
tmccar
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Ok, I was busy today at work and I didn't get a chance to try this. I will try it on Tuesday
Message 4 of 5
tmccar
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

If I run _REVOVER or _RECOVERALL it still crashes. I can insert it into a new drawing, but it has no layout or title block information.

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: tmccar

Hi,

>> but it has no layout or title block information.

Try to use design-center, it has the option to drag & drop a ylout from one drawing to your current one.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost