AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
atklump
Message 1 of 2 (1,258 Views)

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled access violation reading 0xfd92f8e8

1258 Views, 1 Replies
10-19-2012 01:02 PM

When closing my drawing I got an error "Warning: An error occured during save.  We recomend that you run recover on the drawing."  Yet it appeared to save as normal.  So I tried opening the drawing agian, and the fatal error "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled access violation reading 0xfd92f8e8 Exception at ec13b7ach" pops up.  I rocover the drawing and it's a little messed up (Missing Data and Data Shortcuts).  I can't reassociate those, because the "create reference" is greyed out.  I went to the backup file, and recovered it.  It appeared to work, until I went to save.  I then get the "Warning: An error occured during save.  We recomend that you run recover on the drawing." error message agian.

So I went back and retrieved an earlier save and did a recover on it.  Lost a little work and a day, but got the drawing back.  But does anyone know what caused the error in the first place?  I did not find this error code in any discussions or on the internet.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (1,249 Views)

Re: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled access violation reading 0xfd92f8e8

10-19-2012 03:31 PM in reply to: atklump

Hi,

I would think about those 3 items:

• have you installed the latest service-pack (>>>click<<<)
  • Did you try to save to your local harddisk
  • Try for a testperiod to disable the antivirus-software (locally, and server when trying to save to server)

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!