Did you mean: 

Fatal error unhandled access violation reading 0x0008 exception of d810ed00h

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
leshilltx
6287 Views, 14 Replies

Fatal error unhandled access violation reading 0x0008 exception of d810ed00h

This error is occurring when I click on the copy button, then select the object to be copied, then set the base point, and when I select the second point to copy, the program stops and I receive this error message.  Anyone have any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
hgasty1001
in reply to: leshilltx

Hi,

No, no ideas, but if you try posting at least the platform (acad version, operating system, etc), and the recurrence of the fatal error (only occurred in just a drawing, any drawing, etc), may be someone has an idea. Just a guess (no an idea) : try setting hardware acceleration off and see what happens.

Gaston Nunez

Message 3 of 15
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

As already asked, please :

Q1) Which ACAD Exactly ?

Q2) With which Service Pack ?

Q3) Which Windows exactly ? 32 or 64 bits ??

Q4) Have you opened your DWG in RECOVER Mode, PURGE, ReSave, ReTest ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 15
leshilltx
in reply to: braudpat

1) I have AutoCAD 2014, Stand alone

2) I have installed Service Pack #1

3) I am using Windows 8.1, 64 bit

4) I have re-opened recovered document and purged.  No effect.

5) This has happened on 3 different documents.

Message 5 of 15
braudpat

Hello

OK so you can follow ...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/fatal-error-unhandled-access-violation-reading-...

Good Luck and let us know ...

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 15
leshilltx
in reply to: hgasty1001

How do I turn off hardware accelerator?

Message 7 of 15
hgasty1001

Hi,

Type 3DCONFIG at the command line.

Gaston Nunez

Message 8 of 15
leshilltx

Thanks.  I tried that but it didn't help.  When checking that area though, it said my AutoCad driver was not certified.  How do I find a certified driver?  Does it automatically replace the 'bad' driver?  AutoCad support has been absolutely no help whatsoever.  Anyone that can help me- please? 

Message 9 of 15
hgasty1001

Hi,

Here you can find if your video card it's certified: Certified Hardware

Gaston Nunez

Message 10 of 15
leshilltx

Okay, so I have figured out what is happening.  As my file grows, the system gets slower and slower until ultimately it crashes and gives the Fatal Error, Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0008, exception which varies acccording to what I am doing.  Apparently, something on my computer cannot handle the file after it gets too large.

A huge kudo to anyone that can tell me what is happening and how to solve it.

Message 11 of 15
braudpat

Hello

OK so you have ACAD 2014 + SP1 x64 on Win 8.1 ...

How much memory in Gb on your PC ?

The DWG's size is growing, growing, ...

Maybe you are facing to the DGN Microstation LineTypes bug/problem !?

Please look at "all" your LineTypes inside your 3 DWGs, have you many strange (and/or too many) LineTypes ?

If Yes :

*** AutoCAD DWG files unexpectedly increase in file size ***
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD...

Waiting ...

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
leshilltx

Okay, thanks.  I did everything Autodesk said to do including adding the plug in for the purge.  I selected the entire drawing and hit delcon to delete all constraints, reset the scalelistedit, deleted all layer filters and hit dwg-purge.  It seemed to work, but now a new bug has entered.  When I use the polyline command and insert the polyline, hit enter, a notice comes up that says "One or more constraints cannot be resolved".  Then it suggests I delete that polyline.  The line command does not do that unless I try to make several legs to it.  When that happened, I selected the entire drawing again and hit delcon again.  I had only entered about 20 lines, but it claimed it had deleted 550 additional constraints.  By the way, I am only using 1 linetype with 4 different widths. 

I really appreciate your help on this, just hope I can figure out all these bugs so I can actually do some work.

Message 13 of 15
leshilltx

Sorry, I forgot.  I have 8.0 gigabytes on this computer.  It is brand new, only 1 month old.

Message 14 of 15
leshilltx

Thanks.  The problem is pretty much resolved with your help.  I still have to Delcon and purge regularly to keep it running at a decent speed.  Can't wait for a fix that is permanent.  Happy to show this as success and a kudo.

Message 15 of 15
leshilltx

I thought you would like to know.  I turned off the snap option and the problem COMPLETELY disappeared!  I just turned it off because it was annoying, but apparently that was the problem.  Any ideas why?  I may want to use it someday, and would like to know why it affects my system this way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost