Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: out of memory, when openning Specific Drawing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
alx86
2910 Views, 10 Replies

FATAL ERROR: out of memory, when openning Specific Drawing

I have a weird problem which I'm not sure if it's a AutoCAD problem or a network issue. We are 7 drafters and our drawings are saved on a Network. We have some drawings that at some point kind of get corrupted and won't open on any of the 7 computers. Any other drawing will open fine with no error, but when we try to open the "corrupted" drawing we instantly get the (FATAL ERROR: Out of memory) message and can't do nothing with it.

The drawings are really simple and not a big file (228ko and 473ko)

It's the 2nd time this happen withing 3 days on 2 different .dwg. The first time, we were able to open the drawing but can't do anything in it. Even draw a simple line was resulting in AutoCAD to give the message. The .bak was also unusable but I've been able to insert the corrupted drawing as an XREF in a new DWG, bind it and explode it, but the 2nd time I wasn't able to insert it as a XREF but we were lucky enough that the .BAK was up to date and not corrupted.

I've attached the drawing with this post.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: alx86

The file won't open for me using either the normal OPEN using the RECOVER drawing utility.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 11
sthompson1021

Hi, I was able to open the drawing with no problem. I ran an audit on it and it came back with no errors.

Message 4 of 11
LaserGuy
in reply to: Jay_B

Opens fine for me. Audit detects no errors.

Fit-1.JPG

Fit-2.JPG

Message 5 of 11
alx86
in reply to: LaserGuy

That's strange. You've been able to open it and it gave you no error? Since I can't open the file, I can't run an Audit on it, but I've tried to run a recover on the drawing, but it gave me the same Fatal Error.

Message 6 of 11
alx86

Here's a link to a screencap I've made to show what it does when I try to recover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA67qGS1HW8&feature=youtu.be

Message 7 of 11
sthompson1021

Are you able to open the dwg that Laser Guy posted?

Message 8 of 11
alx86
in reply to: sthompson1021

Yes, both of them, but I can't ask Laser Guy to correct them for me all the time 😉

Message 9 of 11
sthompson1021

Do you use any add on's or run any custom lisp routines?

Message 10 of 11
alx86
in reply to: sthompson1021

We have no add-on installed, but I've made a Lisp file regrouping some Lisp in it and some Key Shortcut I've created for myself. But I've been using this lisp for about 4 years on Acad 2007 and about a year in Acad 2013, so I don't think that lisp is the source of this.

I've attach my lisp with this post in case someone want to look at it.

Message 11 of 11
pendean

Your error message may have nothing to do with the file in question: as a test when this happens again, place the file on a local PC (after you restart the PC), unplug from your network and try to open it.

Your file have no issues, I can open it in plain R2014 as noted above.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost