Failure to maintain perspective view when printing to XPS Writer

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jupalmer
438 Views, 4 Replies

Failure to maintain perspective view when printing to XPS Writer

Hi,

I'm using AutoCAD 2013 and am having some trouble maintaining a perspective view when printing to Microsoft's XPS Document Writer. In the plot menu, I choose print to XPS Document Writer and select the window that I'd like printed. When I select the window, it is in perspective view; however, when I preview it, it's not in perspective. Any thoughts on why this might be?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jupalmer

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com! 

I guess you try to print from modelspace? Then the specification "Window" is quite critical for a perspective view, so I would try to create a layout, and within the layout a viewport with your perspective settings. Then run command _PLOT and select "Layout" as plot area and not "Window".

Does that work?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
jupalmer
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The perspective settings aren't maintained whether in model or layout space. Also, choosing window, extents, display, etc. doesn't seem to change anything...

Message 4 of 5
jupalmer

Just for reference, I've taken print screens of both the model space and the print preview. You can see that the model space image is perspective, but the print preview is not..

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you upload the drawing?

Because when I set my viewport to perspective the plot will be done perspective. With other words I guess it has something to do with your drawing.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost