AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Tag-Along
Message 1 of 9 (1,760 Views)

Failed Uninstall of AutoCAD MEP 2013

1760 Views, 8 Replies
07-30-2012 12:11 PM

OK, so this is my very first post in this forum...but this is my last option.

I have been working for an electrical company for a few years and they finally got the permission to allow me to install AutoCAD on my home PC so I can work from home if need be.

My husband received a fairly new computer with Windows 7 (64 bit) from an elderly family member that passed away.  The current computer we have is running on XP.  I decided it was best to install it on the "new" computer.  I uninstalled some games and some printer drivers to clean it up a little bit.

So, I installed AutoCAD MEP 2013 and everything seemed to go fine and the program opened with no problems. Well about a week later I had trouble with accessing the internet. I only messed with a few things (which I obviously can't remember what it was....something with that darn hidden Applications Data folder). And now AutoCAD won't open. I put the disk in to reload by using the Repair/Reinstall option. Sadly, I got the message "Failed to get allied products" and it closed everything out. I also tried to do an Uninstall using the disc and using Windows Add/Remove Hardware option and I got the same message.

Now, I've asked the IT guy here at my work about this and he was telling me to try a bunch of things which I have already tried. His last suggestion is to either try to manually uninstall it myself (which I'm not comfortable doing) or do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (which I will have to get a disc for since this computer was given to me).  I have also tried to do a system restore and it won’t eliminate AutoCAD either.

Any suggestions?

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 9 (1,753 Views)

Re: Failed Uninstall of AutoCAD MEP 2013

07-30-2012 12:26 PM in reply to: Tag-Along

Depends on your PC manufacturer, some don't come with restore disc, but you have to burn the restore disc.

Tag-Along
Message 3 of 9 (1,749 Views)

07-30-2012 12:32 PM in reply to: Patchy

Yea, this free computer my husband got didn't come with the disc for Windows and the IT guy here at my work is telling me that if I can find the Product ID label I should be able to get a free replacement. 

I wish the IT guy would just look at this thing to see if he can figure out what happened instead of me going through all of this.  I mean this is technically his job :catfrustrated:

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 4 of 9 (1,742 Views)

07-30-2012 12:39 PM in reply to: Tag-Along

I know you said you don't have the discs, was it because the previous owner lost them or the manufacturer makes you burn the disc when the PC was first put to use?

Nope, it is not his job because it's your PC not your office's PC, you have to buy him a soda .

Tag-Along
Message 5 of 9 (1,735 Views)

07-30-2012 12:59 PM in reply to: Patchy

I never received the disc from the previous owner.  I'm not sure how to bought the PC.  The IT guy suggested I contact Windows for replacements if I can find the Product ID label.

And I am aware it's not technically his job, but I've been told by my boss that if I have any problems with the AutoCAD at home, that it should be directed to the IT guy since it's "work related".  So that's why I'm on here :smileyhappy:  I really don't WANT to bring it in for him to look at because he's busy enough as it is replacing my work PC.  If he wants a soda I'll gladly buy him one...if he fixes it :smileytongue:

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 6 of 9 (1,730 Views)

07-30-2012 01:17 PM in reply to: Tag-Along

Have you tried a product like Revo Uninstaller?

Patchy
Message 7 of 9 (1,730 Views)

07-30-2012 01:18 PM in reply to: Tag-Along

Let's start again.

Restore discs can be burn if your PC is a cheap price one, you have to burn the discs yourself when you bought the PC; You can burn them at anytime later and they usually stored in a hidden folder called System Volume Information on the root of the C drive.

If your PC is an expensive one, it has restored discs, if you lost them, you call the PC maker, not WINDOWS (Because you need certain drivers to match the hardware)

Tag-Along
Message 8 of 9 (1,726 Views)

07-30-2012 01:33 PM in reply to: MarySeufert

No I haven't tried any "over the counter" removal tools.  Maybe I should give it a try.

Tag-Along
Message 9 of 9 (1,725 Views)

07-30-2012 01:35 PM in reply to: Patchy

Hence the reason I DON'T want to try and do a complete "reinstall" of Windows.  I did that on my other home PC because I have the discs since I built it myself.

I will try and give one of the "over the counter" uninstall tools a try tonight.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.