AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

victor_ip
Message 1 of 7 (2,497 Views)
Accepted Solution

Failed to activate my Autocad 2013 (Student license)

2497 Views, 6 Replies
03-03-2013 06:17 PM

Hi, I failed to activate the Autocad 2013 (Educational version - 3yr license), which was installed to my PC yesterday. I have got the serial number, product key and request code.  However, when I click ''Connect now and activate'', it gives a ''Processing Error'' and says the system has ecountered a problem.  I was asked to email the customer service for an activation code, but up to now, still no reply yet.

This is already my second time trying to install with a different email for registering the student account. However, it still does not work. Please adivse.  What I can do now is just using the 30-day trial only.

Regards,

Victor Ip

victor_ip wrote:

.... even on different PC. 

This does not make sense.
You should be activating from the PC in which the software is installed.

I recommend running in 30-day trial mode for at least a couple of weeks to make sure that all is running correctly (as you can only activate twice).

Then,

start the program and whent the run as 30-day trial  or Activate screen pops up on the 15 day or anytime before the 30th day click on the Activate (you need to have an internet connection. Follow the screen prompts (there was a problem in previous years where a blank screen with two radio buttons and no instructions would appear - but you have not indicated this is the problem).  Your computer will create an Activation Request Code that is unique to your serial number and your computer and automatically send that to Autodesk (when you register at https://registeronce.autodesk.com/custreg/beginRegistration.action ) and then send back to your computer an Activation Code.  This should all happen automatically in the background when you follow the on-screen instructions.

If you have problems in the process - at some point you should be prompted with an email activation or phone activation instructions.

Your instructor should have covered all of this information in class.

(I show my students step-by-step screen shots of the process.  At one time these same screen shots and instructions were avialable on the student community website (I haven't looked recently).

victor_ip wrote:

However, when I click ''Connect now and activate'', it gives a ''Processing Error'' and says the system has ecountered a problem. 

This is already my second time trying to install with a different email for registering the student account. However, it still does not work. Please adivse.  What I can do now is just using the 30-day trial only.

Regards,

Victor Ip

This sounds like the activation server could have been temporarily down or you have bad internet connection.

The solution is certainly NOT to create multiple student accounts. 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 7 (2,484 Views)

Re: Failed to activate my Autocad 2013 (Student license)

03-03-2013 07:38 PM in reply to: victor_ip
You can use your software until someone at Autodesk responds to your email on the next business work day (30 days expires well after this coming week).
Only start getting upset if nothing is resolved by Tuesday: so where did you send the email to?
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
victor_ip
Message 3 of 7 (2,463 Views)

03-04-2013 04:31 AM in reply to: pendean
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 7 (2,460 Views)

03-04-2013 04:51 AM in reply to: victor_ip

It's different for students (I'm not one), but you can find out more here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/STUDENTS-Serial-Number-or-Product-Key-Issues/td...

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
victor_ip
Message 5 of 7 (2,457 Views)

03-04-2013 05:36 AM in reply to: pendean

Hm... i have got the serial no. and product key, but only can't activate at all with different attempts using different accounts, even on different PC. 

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 6 of 7 (2,448 Views)

03-04-2013 07:18 AM in reply to: victor_ip

victor_ip wrote:

.... even on different PC. 

This does not make sense.
You should be activating from the PC in which the software is installed.

I recommend running in 30-day trial mode for at least a couple of weeks to make sure that all is running correctly (as you can only activate twice).

Then,

start the program and whent the run as 30-day trial  or Activate screen pops up on the 15 day or anytime before the 30th day click on the Activate (you need to have an internet connection. Follow the screen prompts (there was a problem in previous years where a blank screen with two radio buttons and no instructions would appear - but you have not indicated this is the problem).  Your computer will create an Activation Request Code that is unique to your serial number and your computer and automatically send that to Autodesk (when you register at https://registeronce.autodesk.com/custreg/beginRegistration.action ) and then send back to your computer an Activation Code.  This should all happen automatically in the background when you follow the on-screen instructions.

If you have problems in the process - at some point you should be prompted with an email activation or phone activation instructions.

Your instructor should have covered all of this information in class.

(I show my students step-by-step screen shots of the process.  At one time these same screen shots and instructions were avialable on the student community website (I haven't looked recently).

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015-SP1 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 7 of 7 (2,446 Views)

03-04-2013 07:21 AM in reply to: victor_ip

victor_ip wrote:

However, when I click ''Connect now and activate'', it gives a ''Processing Error'' and says the system has ecountered a problem. 

Regards,

Victor Ip

This sounds like the activation server could have been temporarily down or you have bad internet connection.

The solution is certainly NOT to create multiple student accounts. 

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015-SP1 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!