Did you mean: 

facing issues while migrating from ObjectARX 2009 to ObjectARX2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nini18110
356 Views, 2 Replies

facing issues while migrating from ObjectARX 2009 to ObjectARX2013

Hi ,

My AutoCAD project module code is written in VC++ 2005 and was link with ObjectARX 2009 , which is providing an output as dll file. This dll file i am using in the main project and created a solution in c# .net enviroment .

Now I am trying to migrate this VC++ project by using VS2010 and refrencing ObjectARX 2013 dll files. I have followed the migration vedio from the below link

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-utility-design/downloads/caas/blog/adndevblog.typepad....

But I am unable to compile my code succesfully and facing the below erros .

----------------

1>cl : Command line warning D9035: option 'clr:oldsyntax' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release

1> acrxEntryPoint.cpp

1>c:\nini\sdm 6.0\c++\managedcustomobjects\TRNEDNote_win.h(92): error C3248: 'AcDbEntity::getGripPoints': function declared as 'sealed' cannot be overridden by 'TRNEDNote_win::getGripPoints'

1> c:\nini\sdm 6.0\objectarx 2013\inc\dbmain.h(2136) : see declaration of 'AcDbEntity::getGripPoints'

1>c:\nini\sdm 6.0\c++\managedcustomobjects\TRNEDNote_win.h(95): error C3248: 'AcDbEntity::list': function declared as 'sealed' cannot be overridden by 'TRNEDNote_win::list'

1> c:\nini\sdm 6.0\objectarx 2013\inc\dbmain.h(2185) : see declaration of 'AcDbEntity::list'

1>c:\nini\sdm 6.0\c++\managedcustomobjects\TRNEDNote_win.h(96): error C3248: 'AcGiDrawable::worldDraw': function declared as 'sealed' cannot be overridden by 'TRNEDNote_win::worldDraw'

1> c:\nini\sdm 6.0\objectarx 2013\inc\drawable.h(136) : see declaration of 'AcGiDrawable::worldDraw'

1>c:\nini\sdm 6.0\c++\managedcustomobjects\TRNEDNote_win.h(97): error C3248: 'AcGiDrawable::viewportDraw': function declared as 'sealed' cannot be overridden by 'TRNEDNote_win::viewportDraw'

1> c:\nini\sdm 6.0\objectarx 2013\inc\drawable.h(139) : see declaration of 'AcGiDrawable::viewportDraw'

1>c:\nini\sdm 6.0\c++\managedcustomobjects\TRNEAsm_Dim.h(136): error C3248: 'AcDbObject::deepClone': function declared as 'sealed' cannot be overridden by 'TRNEAsm_Dim::deepClone'

1> c:\nini\sdm 6.0\objectarx 2013\inc\dbmain.h(1538) : see declaration of 'AcDbObject::deepClone'

1>c:\nini\sdm 6.0\c++\managedcustomobjects\TRNEAsm_Dim.h(141): error C3248: 'AcDbEntity::getOsnapPoints': function declared as 'sealed' cannot be overridden by 'TRNEAsm_Dim::getOsnapPoints'

1> c:\nini\sdm 6.0\objectarx 2013\inc\dbmain.h(2115) : see declaration of 'AcDbEntity::getOsnapPoints'

-----------------------------

These erros flow is up to 1000 in count .

Not sure whther i am missing some refrence or settinggs.

Can any one please help me in this .

Appreciate quick replies.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
artc2
in reply to: nini18110

Between 2009 and 2013 we changed the APIs so that many of the AcDbObject and AcDbEntity methods that custom classes used to override are now sealed and instead you now need to overried subXXX methods.  Do a search for "overrule" in the ObjectARX 2013 Developer's Guide for more information.

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: artc2

Most posters in the general area don't do this kind of in-depth customization.  ObjectARX discussion board is thataway: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/objectarx/bd-p/34

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost