Did you mean: 

F2 WINDOW - HOW TO INCREASE BUFFER TO SEE MORE CMD HISTORY

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CAD_SNOOK
2291 Views, 5 Replies

F2 WINDOW - HOW TO INCREASE BUFFER TO SEE MORE CMD HISTORY

Hi All:  In older versions of autocad there was a variable, which I can't remember, to enlarge how much text is preserved in your F2 command line window.  I'm now using 2014 and haven't been able to figure a way to enlarge this buffer.  We have startup routines that do a bunch of stuff and I can only go back a certain amount and I would like to have more.

I have also played with the buttons near the command line where it is docked by default but cannot find anything to adjust there.

And I have also done some internet searching and can't seem to find help there.

Thanks in advance--Nick

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: CAD_SNOOK
Message 3 of 6
CAD_SNOOK
in reply to: Patchy

That is the problem I'm referring to.  But I don't know if changing the Registry is the solution.  I remember there was a variable, like 'MAX-something' that allowed me to increase the number of lines of text it would save.  I've gone through another list of variables and can't seem to find anything related to that.

Message 4 of 6
steven-g

cmdinputhistorymax is the variable you are thinking of, another method is to turn on log files from the options dialogue, this saves the command history in a text file for each drawing you have open and saves it in a folder (but it saves it permanently) I find it useful sometimes to refer back to a couple of days after a drawing has been done.

Message 5 of 6
CAD_SNOOK
in reply to: steven-g

I tried the 'MAX' variable but it does not seem to work.  It's funny that in 2015 the wrench icon on the command line seems to offer that (I think I saw that feature described online a few weeks ago) but that option does not exist in 2014.  Kind of like the background publishing that does not work anymore in 2014.  

I will look at the other option you suggest.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
CAD_SNOOK

I never thought to have a full dwg log saved.  I only knew about the plot and publish log.  Or I never considered it since I could always scroll back to the beginning in 2011.  Thanks for the tip.  

Incidentally, I tried to have the logs saved to my desktop but it would not allow that for some reason.  So I made a shortcut of the default folder that is deeply buried in the file system and now can review the full lists.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost