Did you mean: 

External References

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Tony_Gibbs
639 Views, 6 Replies

External References

I have an xref visible in my drawing. This exref has about 30 layers. I want to know if there is a way of turning the entire xref of so I can edit my current drawing and then turn the entire xref back on. It needs to be a quick command like layof and layon

Regards Tony

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
imadHabash
in reply to: Tony_Gibbs

there is 2 way for that :

1- xref filter layers from Layer Properties Manager.

2- this what i'm usually use is by using  -Layer command then choose your need (e.g. OFF) then put your xref name between 2 star(*xrefname*) so it will be like this : 

Command: -LA -LAYER
Current layer: "0"
Enter an option [?/Make/Set/New/Rename/ON/OFF/Color/Ltype/LWeight/TRansparency/MATerial/Plot/Freeze/Thaw/LOck/Unlock/stAte/Description/rEconcile]: off
Enter name list of layer(s) to turn off or <select objects>: *Xs-CO-School-1st*

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
3wood

You can try XFT which hides / shows selected xref by one click.

Message 4 of 7
M_Hensley

In the XREF manager palette just right-click on the name of your xref and select unload to make it go away. Then right-click and select reload to bring it back.
Message 5 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: M_Hensley

M_Hensley wrote:
In the XREF manager palette just right-click on the name of your xref and select unload to make it go away. Then right-click and select reload to bring it back.

^^^^

Came here to say that.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 7
doni49
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:
@M_Hensley wrote:

^^^^

Came here to say that.

+1  This has been my preferred method too for years.  TOO Simple.  🙂

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 7
Tony_Gibbs
in reply to: 3wood

Thankyou 3wood

I have registered and XFT works perfect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost