Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External reference files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
david.quist
377 Views, 6 Replies

External reference files

Can anyone tell me why AutoCAD keeps telling me the external Reference file has changed and needs to be reloaded. We do use Xrefs but I know for a fact that it has not been touched yet every 10 minutes or so it'll pop up saying it has been changed and needs to be reloaded. It does not do that with all drawings. It didn't do that to this one at first either. Then after working on it for a few hours it'll start telling me that when I know it has not changed.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: david.quist

You can turn that prompt off: otherwise something is triggering a change in those files (prompt only appears after those files are saved). Do you have them open by chance? Or someone else does?
Message 3 of 7
david.quist
in reply to: pendean

I checked with my co-worker to see if he was in it or goes into it. He is not and has no reason to go into it.

It doesn't effect my work, I just wondering why it's happening and if I can stop it.

Message 4 of 7
pkolarik
in reply to: david.quist

We get that as well.. from time to time. The xref says it's changed and needs to be reloaded even though no one has been in it. Also, every now and then there's an xref which shows the little "xref needs reloading" icon down in the lower right corner but regardless of how many times (or which method you use) you reload it that icon doesn't clear.

We just kind of ignore that once we realize that's the case in a drawing.

Message 5 of 7
jggerth
in reply to: pkolarik

I used to run into that a lot -- i _think_ it resulted from the XREFs being in a lower version.  Now that most of the stuff here's been migrated to our current working version, I haven't seen the bogus 'must reload XREF' alert recently

Message 6 of 7
david.quist
in reply to: pkolarik

I ignore it all the time. Just wondering why it shows up like that. Just one of those things.

Message 7 of 7
david.quist
in reply to: jggerth

hmmm different versions .... didn't think of that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost