Did you mean: 

EXPORTLAYOUT changes scale on destination

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fibocad
675 Views, 5 Replies

EXPORTLAYOUT changes scale on destination

Hello,

On AutoCAD 2014, using exportlayout command and saving to a new dwg file, it changes the entire drawing scale on model space, sometimes by 10, somtimes by 20, only once it exported with the real scale. For examle on the source layout I have a sheet frame sized A1 - 841/594 units (mm), on the destination file in model space it becomes 8410/5940 units - all objects and annotative dimensions are displayed exactly as it should but much larger.

I have the feeling that it is only a matter of system variable or another setting. Any suggestions?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
vanessa.hall
in reply to: fibocad

We are very sorry, but a drawing exported by the EXPORTLAYOUT command model scale information is lost.
EXPORTLAYOUT command may limit some, so for more information please refer to the below help:

Vanessa Hall

Message 3 of 6
drjohn
in reply to: vanessa.hall

@vanessa.hall wrote:
We are very sorry, but a drawing exported by the EXPORTLAYOUT command model scale information is lost.
EXPORTLAYOUT command may limit some, so for more information please refer to the below help:

Link is 404.

Regards,

DJ

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: drjohn

Pointing to the HELP files I suspect by just reading the address, look up the topic below in the HELP search box for limitations of that command.:

Export a Layout to Model Space

Message 5 of 6
fibocad
in reply to: pendean

Thanks,

Well, it did not solve my problem, it just tell me that it could happen ("In addition, objects are transformed and often scaled").

If only i could know why, I could adapt the drawing.

Any other suggestions?

Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: fibocad

Post your DWG file (if you can): sometimes a fresh pair of eyes on the problem can help solve it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost