AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

FireSolutions
Message 1 of 2 (1,091 Views)
Accepted Solution

Exporting to .emf?

1091 Views, 1 Replies
10-05-2012 05:16 AM

I've got to take one of my autocad drawings and turn it into a variety of pictures for use in a GUI that shows the customer their facility.

The problem is that the software only accepts .EMF, .WMF, .BMP, .GIF, or .JPG files.

The software basically shows the overall facility and then can zoom in to show fine detail. 

I first tried plotting to JPG to do this, but when you zoom in there is extreme distortion and the text is basically unreadable.  When I tried WMFOUT the results looked as if they were drawn by a 4 year old.

If anyone has any advice on how to create high resolution pictures of any of the formats listed above that can be zoomed without distortion, I would greatly appreciated the help!

Hi,

you can create a plotter for raster-output and you can then assign a paperformat (measured in pixel) you like to use.

Start _PLOTTERMANAGER ==> that brings you to an explorer window with your plotter-definitions, start there "Add-A-Plotter Wizard", on the second page use "My computer" and on the third page you can choose "Raster File Formats" and the format you like to export.

Having done that you can use the standard PLOT-command to create your file.

- alfred -

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (1,072 Views)

Re: Exporting to .emf?

10-05-2012 10:52 PM in reply to: FireSolutions

Hi,

you can create a plotter for raster-output and you can then assign a paperformat (measured in pixel) you like to use.

Start _PLOTTERMANAGER ==> that brings you to an explorer window with your plotter-definitions, start there "Add-A-Plotter Wizard", on the second page use "My computer" and on the third page you can choose "Raster File Formats" and the format you like to export.

Having done that you can use the standard PLOT-command to create your file.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!