ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Exporting PDF from AutoCAD 2015: Linewieght and Hatch issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
985 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting PDF from AutoCAD 2015: Linewieght and Hatch issues

The drawing I am working with is 2D in AutoCAD 2015. When I print a layout from AutoCAD to the office printer, all the plot styles, lineweights, hatches, etc. are correct. When I Batch Plot these sheets to a pdf (using the same plot styles as before) and print to the same office printer, most of the lineweights are similar but my hatches get wonky.

On one sheet I have the same mortar hatch (AR-SAND, scale: 0.06667) in multiple viewports (because of a cut line) and the hatch will be correct in one viewport but turn completely black in the others (see image below). On another sheet, multiple hatches will have the same settings and print at different intensities or completely dissapear.

I do not know if this is and AutoCAD export issue or an Adobe Acrobat Pro/Acrobat issue or a printer settings issue. To produce the image below I exported a jpg from Adobe Acrobat Pro and when I opened it in Photoshop the hatch was out of whack. This makes me believe that the issue occurs when I am exporting the file from AutoCAD as a pdf. The settings of each layout from the Page Setup Manager is as follows:

"Selected page setup details:

Device name: RICOH Aficio MP C3003 PCL 6 (the office printer)

Plotter: PCL6 Driver for Universal Print

Plot size: 17.00 x 11.00 inches (Landscape)

Where: \\MMASBS

Description: (blank)"

I would appreciate any help or comments on this issue. Thank you for your time!

Plot-hatch-PDF-Fail.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

This is the Inventor forum and not the Autocad forum but try changing the Options in the Acrobat from "Standard" to "High Quality". This should solve the problem.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi Ī”Ī¤Ī§

Message 3 of 3

Blair is right. You could change the setting in your Adobe. If it still doesnt work, can you send me a sample file for further testing at our end. I will move your thread to the AutoCAD forum, you could get more inputs on AutoCAD issues there.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost