Did you mean: 

Exporting geometry to .STL

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
abhaypatwa
564 Views, 7 Replies

Exporting geometry to .STL

Hi,

I have a 3D geometry that i wanted to export as a .STL file. But everytime i selected the geometry to export, i keep getting the option "Select solids or watertight meshes: Specify opposite corner:." Although the command line does show that the objects have been selected. I've tried different ways of selecting the geometry but every time it shows the same thing. Any help on how i could export it? 

P.S - i was able to export it in other (.IGES, .IGS formats) but it doesn't seem to be working the same way with .STL

Thanks,

Abhay.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: abhaypatwa

Select different ways but it's not 3d solid or W-T meshes then you have to edit your model.

Message 3 of 8
abhaypatwa
in reply to: Patchy

I guess ill have to edit my model to a mesh/solid. Ill try doing that and get back to you. Thanks.
Message 4 of 8
JDMather

Attach your dwg file here if you can't figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 8
abhaypatwa
in reply to: JDMather

Attached file. 

Message 6 of 8
Patchy

Start using 3d commands e.g. cylinder, pyramid, loft  and you use extrude look carefully for MODE option.

Then all entities will be 3d solid.

Message 7 of 8
JDMather

These are really old and in Dashboard interface rather than the Ribbon interface, but you really need to learn the Solids/Surfacing modeling.  Much of this is easy step-by-step if you can figure out how to relate the old interface to the current interface.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/CAD238/AutoCAD_2007_Tutorials.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 8
abhaypatwa
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for the reply! 

I'm trying to remodel the entire geometry in 3D. Willl let you guys know if i face further difficulties. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost