Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error starting Autocad 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KevinPinks7697
240 Views, 3 Replies

Error starting Autocad 2013

This morning, I got the following error. I tried a repair, but still will not open a drawing?

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Kevin,

Please try resetting your AutoCAD. Go to Start > All programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 2013 > Reset settings to default.

If that does not work, go to your control panel and Repair AutoCAD 2013

If all else fails, please do a clean uninstall, clear the temp folder and reinstall.

Please let me know if you need help with any of these suggestions.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

What got installed between when it worked and did not?
That specific DLL can be used by other programs and it have have been upgraded or downgraded and affected AutoCAD.

A Windows System Restore back to a month it all worked is the first approach, and if a 'repair' did not fix it (and any other suggestion offered here by others) then you need to do this next http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Recomme...
Message 4 of 4
stevev0983
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

An internet search seems to indicate that this is a file for Mechanical. If that is true, do you have access to any other computers that also have Mechanical on them? The file appears to reside in "program Files\Autodesk\mdt6 (or whatever version you have)\sys". Maybe you can find a copy of the file on another machine and copy it over to your directory. Worth a shot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost