Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 1603 during update installation

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
nmetzger
7066 Views, 9 Replies

Error Code 1603 during update installation

Hey guys, I had a message this morning for an update in my CAD 2013. When I tried to install, I received an ERROR CODE 1603. I searched what the code is for and was directed to a site that said I needed to uninstall Service Pack 1.1 is this true? Since I upgraded to the 2013 Inventor Suite I have been having trouble receiving drawings from other companies. Everytime I try to open a drawing created by someone else, I get a message that says the "file is read only do I still want to open it?" I can open the drawing by clicking ok, but it is annoying. I was hoping the update would clear up this issue. Anyone have any ideas? Or know if I truly need to uninstall the service pack?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: nmetzger

Select a file in Windows Explorer, right-click, and select PROPERTIES: is it tagged as read-only?

Is the file in a folder you do not have read-write access to?

Are you in a limited Windows User Acount?

The update is not the fix since the program is not the problem.

For installation help with your 1603 error, post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Message 3 of 10
JanneZack
in reply to: pendean

I have already tried this route.  I am the administrator and I have permission to do anything to my computer, but ALL DWG  files I try to open with 2013 tell me that they are read only.  I open them and "SAVE AS" and delete the old file.  It's a pain in the tookas, but it's the only way I can figure out how to get around it.

I too get "ERROR code 1603 while trying to INSTAL the 1.1 update.  Want to curse, but won't.

Message 4 of 10
pendean
in reply to: JanneZack

Search this forum for error 1603 messages during installation:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

If you can't what you need, consider posting there (note your Windows version) while you wait here.

Message 5 of 10
braudpat
in reply to: pendean

Hello

With Vista/Seven, sometimes the result in better, when you select the EXE file,

then Right Clic then "Run as Administrator"  !

Even if you have already logged as an Admin !!

Bye, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
gcouture

The problem with this installation is this; Click Product Update Available to launch the default browser.

Before you click on the Update button, remember to close your AutoCAD Electrical 2013 first. I took this advice with AutoCad 2013 and it worked, good luck!

Message 7 of 10
pergo

What worked at our company was a simple reboot and then installing from a saved location - we saved the hotfix to our desktops first.

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 10

Hi,

I get an error 1603 during update installation. Is there anyone here how to fix it?

thanks

Message 9 of 10

@juliuscristobal07

Your posting is very generic.. Smiley Wink   What Autodesk product are you trying to install and what version?  In addition where are you installing from?  Also the installation log file is very important and we would need to see it to determine your root cause.

Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 10

I'm sorry.. my current product of autodesk is autocad 2014 and I'm trying to update the service pack 1 to my new pc. I tried the live update but gives an installation error that says "a problem prevented the service pack from being installed." then at below there's an error code 1603.. I even tried to download the update on website but I got the same error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report