AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Distinguished Mentor
JoAnn_Hogan
Message 11 of 14 (134 Views)

Re: Enlarge .dwg drawing

02-07-2014 04:36 AM in reply to: Patchy

I can see you never had to fix a drawing for someone that went explode crazy!!! Maybe if you Save the drawing as a different name, put a massive EXPLODED behind it, do what you need to do and DELETE it afterwards. Not exploding the original? But trust me it is a real pain if you receive a drawing that is completely exploded, expecially the hatching! I always tell my classes if they send me a drawing that was exploded, Ill let them re-do it or fix it them selfs.

Please let me know if this helps
Jo (P.S follow me on twitter @JoAnn_Hogan)

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome =)

AutoCAD Certified Professional 2014 / Inventor Certified Professional 2014
Valued Mentor
sthompson1021
Message 12 of 14 (129 Views)

02-07-2014 06:06 AM in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hi, you and DM both seem to be missing the FIRST thing that Patchy said "Make a duplicate of the drawing". While exploding dims or blocks generally isn't a good practice, it can save a lot of time if you just need a quick plot. It is a good tip for doing what the OP needed to do.

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 13 of 14 (123 Views)

02-07-2014 06:26 AM in reply to: sthompson1021

"...you and DM both seem to be missing the FIRST thing that Patchy said "Make a duplicate of the drawing". While exploding dims or blocks generally isn't a good practice, it can save a lot of time if you just need a quick plot. It is a good tip for doing what the OP needed to do."

I did not miss anything that Patchy said.  I fully understood what he did and why he did it.  I was just engaging in some good-natured ribbing with a fellow forum contributor who I happen to have a great deal of respect for (and I think he understood that).

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 14 of 14 (102 Views)

02-07-2014 09:03 AM in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I already did saveas another name, plot it as PDF for the OP in less than 1 minute.

I shouldn't get an F and redo the drawing :smileyvery-happy:

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.