Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enlarge .dwg drawing

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
cornia.stefano
5148 Views, 13 Replies

Enlarge .dwg drawing

Hello! I have a .dwg drawing, I need to enlarge it in A4 size...
is there someone that can help me?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: cornia.stefano

Your 'drawing' is at 1:1 scale, it's drawn actual size: this is a very good thing. There is nothing to fix.

Your issue is your titleblock is not 1:1 and in modelspace, so it it wrong and not the content it is outlining. Do you not use paperspace for plotting? That way your titleblock can be actual size and your model can remain 1:1 actual size.

Fix your titleblock (which is missing a scale indicator so I can;t even tell, not even from your pagesetup settings that are only on 'fit').
Message 3 of 14

Thank you for the answer
I am not CAD expert
I only need a PDF file with my dwg drawing zoomed and so more leggible than now. Is it possible to do this?
Message 4 of 14
pendean

PLOT command
select the DWG to PDF driver
Select a LARGE sheet size for the PDF, as large as you want.
For WHAT TO PLOT, select WINDOW then window around the image.
OK button to plot.
Watch were the PDF is created.

Here are links you can use to learn more about the process:
https://www.google.com/#q=how+to+plot+to+PDF+from+AutoCAD
Message 5 of 14
Patchy

Quick and dirty way to enlarge the texts

Message 6 of 14

you are greats! 🙂

the last PDF you have posted in this forum is very good,

what is exactly the procedure that you have used ?

thanks again!

Message 7 of 14
Patchy

Made a duplicate of the drawing, click on the dimension and right click, use select similar; explode the dimension;

Click on the dimension text, right click, select similar, go to Properties Pallet and change the text size.

Go to PLOT

Message 8 of 14
dmfrazier
in reply to: Patchy

"explode the dimension"

What?!!

No need to do that. Just use Properties to change (override) the text height of the dimension object. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 14
Patchy
in reply to: dmfrazier

Sure, nobody will die because of the explosion.

A quick print because I don't want to see this.

Message 10 of 14
dmfrazier

"Sure, nobody will die because of the explosion."

Of course not, but in general exploding dims is not a good "habit" for "newbies" to develop - and the alternative is just as easy (if not easier).  It also has the advantage of introducing them to the vast array of Properties dimensions have.  If any further tweaking were necessary, it might be easier to tweak dims instead of individual lines, arrows, text.

"A quick print because I don't want to see this."

I think what you are trying to demonstrate is that when making the text size larger (while it's still part of a dimension) some of the dim text may move and overlap others (based on certain dim variables).  If so, you've made a good point, but still I suppose that could be resolved fairly easily by adjusting other dim properties or with some quick grip editing.

All for the benefit of the OP.Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan

I can see you never had to fix a drawing for someone that went explode crazy!!! Maybe if you Save the drawing as a different name, put a massive EXPLODED behind it, do what you need to do and DELETE it afterwards. Not exploding the original? But trust me it is a real pain if you receive a drawing that is completely exploded, expecially the hatching! I always tell my classes if they send me a drawing that was exploded, Ill let them re-do it or fix it them selfs.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 12 of 14
sthompson1021
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hi, you and DM both seem to be missing the FIRST thing that Patchy said "Make a duplicate of the drawing". While exploding dims or blocks generally isn't a good practice, it can save a lot of time if you just need a quick plot. It is a good tip for doing what the OP needed to do.

Message 13 of 14
dmfrazier
in reply to: sthompson1021

"...you and DM both seem to be missing the FIRST thing that Patchy said "Make a duplicate of the drawing". While exploding dims or blocks generally isn't a good practice, it can save a lot of time if you just need a quick plot. It is a good tip for doing what the OP needed to do."

I did not miss anything that Patchy said.  I fully understood what he did and why he did it.  I was just engaging in some good-natured ribbing with a fellow forum contributor who I happen to have a great deal of respect for (and I think he understood that).

Message 14 of 14
Patchy
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I already did saveas another name, plot it as PDF for the OP in less than 1 minute.

I shouldn't get an F and redo the drawing Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost