5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
6140 Views, 5 Replies

Encountering the Proxy message...

Hello,

I am receiving the following message:

Proxy Information

The drawing you have opened or referenced contains custom objects created by an unavailable ObjectARX application.  You do not need…

Missing Application: AcDgnLS

Total Number of Proxies: 327

When my users make a selection; regardless of the choice to show or not show the graphics, the drawings quickly becomes slow and unresponsive.  Within a few minutes it will lock up indicating "Not Responding".  At this point, they are force to shutdown the application.

My question is; how do I work around this issue?  I understand that the message is stating that CAD wants to inserts a proxy graphics were it cannot find the original.  However, should this process be crashing our drawings? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Try -WBLOCK command with * option to save entire drawing to new file.

And consider to look at this topic:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/Empty-CAD-file-18MB-in-size/td-p/3937947

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
AcadAdamLT

As suggested by Maxim you can Wblock the drawing or use -Exporttoautocad to convert all objects to Autocad entities.

Once you open the new file after an exporttoautocad, check properties for all objects and see if there are any strange objects left, might be an idea to audit or if necessary convert lines to Polylines to reduce size if many lines.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Here is my follow up to this issue - after investigating more…

I was hesitant to recommend Wblock'g the drawings because the issue was encountered on a machine we have in Production.  My concern was a critical component would be omitted during the process and not be immediately notice.

Our process starts in our Engineering department.  They are using CAD 2013 64bit (Vanilla) and using Longbow to talk to old 32bit production software.  However, on our production workstation, it is only running 32bit software and communicating with our production software without the aid of Longbow.  It is at this point that we encounter the Proxy errors.  But!  When I go back and review the drawing on the 64bit Engineering station - everything is fine - no Proxy errors.

Something in this process is creating the proxy errors?  I know I have an environment complicated by attempting to communicate with old applications, but could the problem be with the 64bit CAD communicating with the 32bit version?  Of course, Longbow in the mix is just contributing to the confusion.

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Read about your missing application module:
https://www.google.com/search?q=acdgnls+application
I doubt Longbow is the issue, you are missing an addon of some sort.
Message 6 of 6
longoriaos

Thanks this worked for me. I even reinstall the complete suite looking for the source of this problem. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost