Embedded OLE Object not printing or very poor quality in Autocad 2013LT

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Charliegone
2647 Views, 2 Replies

Embedded OLE Object not printing or very poor quality in Autocad 2013LT

Hello everyone,

I wanted to find out if there was a solution to this because I've had a very hard time trying to solve the issue. We recently upgraded to new computers and software. The older computer had Autocad 2006 LT installed and an HP Designjet HP 1050c plotter as the plotter. Both worked as they should have and we had no issues printing autocad drawings with embedded OLE Objects that were created in Adobe Photoshop CS2. The reason we embedded them as oppose to link them was for convenience of emailing the drawings out. It is difficult or rather not desired to email x-references and other files together with the autocad drawing because that information could be lost if someone were to not copy the x-references, etc, so we embed them.

Currently with the new computers we have installed Autocad 2013 LT and I have migrated all the settings and drivers to the new computer. The new computer also has the same HP Designjet 1050c plotter installed with it and it works. So far we have not had issues with that. Now the real problem we are having is that in the new Autocad 2013 LT when we plot those drawings with the embedded OLE objects created in photoshop they either do not plot or they plot with very poor quality so much so it is unreadable. We usually plot using grey tones and I noticed that this is not an issue if we print in color for some reason. The strange thing is that we also installed Autocad 2006 LT in the same computer and it has no issues plotting in grey tones, but in 2013 LT it does. So I am not sure what is wrong. I have tried different drivers for the plotter, increasing the plot quality and nothing works unless I use color. You might be asking we don't we just use color, the reason is the plotter is a lot slower when we do and some times time is of the essence so we just change to grey tone because it plots a lot faster with almost the same quality except that it is in grey tones. So here I am asking for help because I just cannot pin point what is the issue. I do not believe it is the plotter or the new computer, I feel like it could be a setting in Autocad 2013 LT that I am missing or have off, etc. So any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kentr8
in reply to: Charliegone

highlite OLE objet, go to properties and change plot quality
Message 3 of 3
Charliegone
in reply to: kentr8

Thanks for the tip and I did that but it did not work, but your idea gave me an idea, at the plot tabs I made the plot quality custom and increased the DPI from 300 to 600. The plot quality increase actually improved the plot. I was able to see some of the information I wasn't before, so then I went back again and increased it to 800 and finally it works!! I couldn't believe it was that. Out of all of the things the DPI was too low. For some reason it works fine in 2006 LT with 300 DPI, but in 2013LT you need to increase it I guess. Also there increase in DPI does not affect the speed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost