Educational Plot Stamp confusion

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Niniat
1073 Views, 5 Replies

Educational Plot Stamp confusion

Hi all,

I keep getting this message whenever I open my edicational version of AutoCAD 2014

Open Drawing.png

Now I'm really not sure what this means. I am a student and my Revit instructor told me that he thought Autodesk had eliminated the plot stamp. In revit I don't get a plot stamp but in AutoCAD I do. Am I opening the wrong file (even though all I have done so far is just hit new drawing) or is there something I need to do to avoid the plot stamp? Or is there still a plot stamp in AutoCAD?

It's very frusterating because as students we need to build a portfolio and if we have this huge plot stamp on all our drawings its not very professional!

From what this window says, if I create a new drawing with AutoCAD 2014 then I won't have the watermark but even if I hit "new drawing" I still get this message!

Any help or information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jonina

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: Niniat

The ability to plot drawings without the EDU Plotstamp requires AutoCAD2014 SP1 or newer, however the drawing(s) will still contain the EDU marker.  It is alleged that drawings saved wth AutoCAD2015 contain neither the EDU plotstamp, nor the EDU marker.

Regardless, it's still a violation of the license agreement to use and Educational product for Commercial purposes, and every prospective employer should know this, so there's no reason the EDU plotstamp should diminish a portfolio of a student.

Message 3 of 6
Niniat
in reply to: nestly2

What is AutoCAD2014 SP1? My school told me to just go to the education website for autodesk and download and install autocad 2014, this is new to us because before with 2013 we had borrowed licenses through our school so alot of us in my class are really confused.

Message 4 of 6
nestly2

A Service Pack  (SP) is an update to the product, typically to fix bugs and improved existing features. 

You can find the 2014 SP1 here,  Be sure to download the one that matches your product (32 or 64bit) and I also suggest reviewing the readme so you know what may be different than the original 2014 documentation.

Message 5 of 6
Niniat
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you so much, I'm going to have to pass that service pack link on to all of my classmates!

Jonina

Message 6 of 6
Murph_Map

You are getting that "Warning Message" because the template file(s) (.dwt) you are using for a new dwg were not created with the educational version.

As for the watermarks in all the drawings in your portfolio if any potential employer is having trouble with it/them look some place else because in MHO that employer is going to be more of a problem down the road for you. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost