Did you mean: 

Editing Tiff files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kethridge21
4092 Views, 1 Reply

Editing Tiff files

Howdy,

I realize this may or may not be the correct forum to post this in, but I suspect that the "AutoCad" forum is probably the most visited & thus probably have a better chance of getting an answer to my question or at the very least the most diverse response.

I have a number of tiff drwg's that I have to edit on a regular basis & I was wondering if there is an Autodesk program out there that might make the editing a little easier & more efficient? Currently I am using Microsoft Paint to add, remove, update & replace text, on old hand-drawn drwg's that have been scanned and saved as tiff images. Paint is not very user friendly, as far as I'm concern, but it does get the job done; just not very efficiently. I am use to using design software that has a more user intuitive interface & effortless navigation. Like I said, Paint does get the job done, but it takes forever. I guess the biggest complain I have w/ Paint would be the fact that it's very cumbersome to navigate around the screen i.e. it doesn't have a pan feature & the zoom is unreliable.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask if anyone knew of a program that Autodesk , or any other reputable software company, offers that's similar to Paint that has a pan feature similar to that of AutoCad (middle mouse button/scroll wheel) or Inventor (Shift middle mouse button/scroll wheel).

Thanks for your help.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: kethridge21

If this is *strictly* image manipulation, get a proper image editor like GIMP.  If you want to draw lines, add text, and do other AutoCAD-type stuff you'll need Raster Design.  This is a plug-in for AutoCAD and related verticals which provides a number of raster editing and manipulation functions.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-raster-design/overview

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost