Did you mean: 

Editing a block in place.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
halmstedt64
23880 Views, 8 Replies

Editing a block in place.

I have upgraded from 2009 to 2015. The issue I am having is this, in 2009 I would be able to double click on the block and

be able to edit it in place. In 2015 when I double click on the block only the properties box comes up. How do I get the block

to open and be able to edit in place.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nrz13
in reply to: halmstedt64

I can't remember the exact command for editing a block in place (I have double-click open the block editor), but you should be able to use your 2009 install as a reference.

You'll want to enter CUI at the command line and then in the top left pane, expand "Double Click Actions" and scroll down to "Attribute Block", "Attribute Dynamic Block", "Block", and "Dynamic Block".  Each one can be expanded and you can drag the double-click action you want from the pane below over the existing one to replace it.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 3 of 9
gguevarra
in reply to: nrz13

Just checking, but under Options, in the User Preferences tab, do you have "Double Click Editing" checked?

Message 4 of 9
halmstedt64
in reply to: gguevarra

Yes I do. What I noticed is when I have the ribbons everything works
fine. When I go and change to
my toolbars thats when things act up.

--
Harry ALmstedt
All*Star Woodworking
401 Claremont Avenue
Thornwood, NY 10594
Message 5 of 9
Kent1Cooper

I don't have any ideas about why double-clicking isn't bringing this up, but you can call for the BEDIT command, if that's the kind of editing you want to do.  I find in limited exposure in 2015 that BEDIT seems to be mostly about parametric qualities [whether the Block has any or not, it seems], but I haven't dug very deeply yet.  If you want to do the old kinds of in-place editing such as adding objects in the surrounding drawing into the Block definition, etc., use the REFEDIT command, rather than BEDIT.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 9
halmstedt64
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thank you.

--
Harry ALmstedt
All*Star Woodworking
401 Claremont Avenue
Thornwood, NY 10594
Message 7 of 9
mailbox

If you use the right click edit menu you will find at the topish there is a button for block editor and edit block in place when you have a block selected.

Block.jpg

Message 8 of 9
pendean

If swapping ribbon for toolbars creates the problem then you may be also switching CUIx files that are not set up to call REFEDIT or BEDIT when you double-click a block.
Message 9 of 9
mrberryhill
in reply to: pendean

We use ACAD 2014, & when I edit a block in place, my computer locks up.  Most often, I have to close ACAD (with the program still not responding), then reopen, & recover the drawing.  This seems to be the only action that causes ACAD to become non-responsive.

Any suggestions for a fix?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost