Did you mean: 

Edit DTEXT changes VP color

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sthompson1021
277 Views, 4 Replies

Edit DTEXT changes VP color

Is it a bug, or am I missing something? If you have a VP color asigned to a layer and you edit single line text on that layer by going into modelspace thru the viewport, the text reverts back to its modelspace color. It does not do it with MTEXT and moving or copying the text doesn't change it. The only way I've found to change it back is to change the color in properties and the change it back to by-layer.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: sthompson1021

Your video card is not keeping up most likely: a REGENALL after you get out of the viewport may help, or clicking on modelspace then back to your layout should do it too.

Worked fine here in R2014 as described above.
Message 3 of 5
sthompson1021
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the answer. I guess it must be the video card. Changing from layout to model and back had no effect or a REGENALL, but saving the dwg and closing and reopening does. Probably not a big enough problem for IT to update my computer thoughSmiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: sthompson1021

If clicking to modelspace then back to thbe layout did not fix it, you can the "cache mode and all layouts" option checked in OPTIONS' System Tab.

Unless you are on a low end PC or your drawings are super complex (and DWG files are huge), I find the REGEN option works best for my in that tab.
Message 5 of 5
sthompson1021
in reply to: pendean

Changing the cache mode from all layouts to last layout did the trick. REGEN works now.

thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost