Did you mean: 

e transmit error

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
jleonard2500
1152 Views, 20 Replies

e transmit error

I have been not able to use etransmit for a number of versions. Woundering if autodesk is going to fix this or is this just another feature being taken away? Is this what the subscription dollars are going to?

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
cadwomen
in reply to: jleonard2500

what are the problem ?

works fine from 2010 to 2014 nativ ACAD

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 3 of 21
p_mcknight

I have not had any issues with etransmit on the last several versions either.  In fact, I use it all the time.  Perhaps if you can give a screenshot of the error?

Message 4 of 21
jleonard2500

Attached is a screen shot. I go through this for every release. or if I have a new computer. I remember it to do with an old dll file contained in one location that has to be overwritten by a newer dll file with the same name in another location. Just seems like this I should be charging my time to autodesk for this.

Message 5 of 21
jggerth1

Well, what is HAP ?  it's not part of vanilla autocad as far as I know.  I have never had a dialog like that come up while doing an eTransmit, or an Archive from SSM, so it appears to be something that's been added at your end.

Message 6 of 21
pendean

HAP? As in "Hourly Analysis Program", and add-on from Carrier you have installed with AutoCAD?

Otherwise your problem seems to be quite unique.
Message 7 of 21
jleonard2500
in reply to: pendean

Wrong image, sorry. Here is the correct one.

Message 8 of 21
p_mcknight

So... the obvious question (please excuse me if it is too obvious), have you confirmed that the target location is write enabled and the drive has enough disk space?  How is your memory availability?

Message 9 of 21
jleonard2500
in reply to: p_mcknight

Yes, I do have full privilages . I have tried network locations as well as c-drive locations with the same result.

Message 10 of 21
pendean

Limited space? or... It would seem your Windows Log-in is not authorized to write/overwrite/rename/delete anything in that destination folder: AutoCAD will never overrule your Windows or server settings.

Message 11 of 21
p_mcknight
in reply to: pendean

Another curiosity; are you using the standard transmittal setup or are you using custom settings?

Message 12 of 21
jleonard2500

Using the standard settings.

Message 13 of 21
jggerth1

Two suggestions then,

clear out your temp folder, especially if autosave is using that location,

second, set up a new Transmittal Setup, - based on whatever your current 'Standard' setup is, but use a different location for the transmittal file filder -- preferably someplace you KNOW has multiple gigabytes of space available.

let us know how that works,

Message 14 of 21
jleonard2500

I get the same error. I think it has to do with the old dll file. I do not have the path of where it is located.

Message 15 of 21
pendean

If I may jump in... by chance, when you upgrade each time, are you also using the 'migrate' feature?
Message 16 of 21
jleonard2500

I was given a new computer this time, so everything was a new install. Corect me if I am wrong but I don't think it is possible to migrate settings from one computer to another.

Message 17 of 21
pendean

Most likely the case, but migrations can happen between PCs as well.
Message 18 of 21
mrjackson

If you have any Carrier design software installed, like HAP, Etransmit will not work. It installs an old version of Dzip32.dll to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" which overrides the newer version that Autodesk installs and needs. If you delete or rename that file etransmit will work again.

Why is all engineering software total ****?...

Message 19 of 21
jleonard2500
in reply to: mrjackson

Interesting. I do have HAP installed. This makes sense, I have not experienced this issue at other employers with Trace instead of HAP.

Could I ask you to provide a screen shot or two of the files and paths? I am more than willing to correct this, but a little nervous when deleteing or changing system files.

Message 20 of 21
jleonard2500
in reply to: mrjackson

Desregard previous. Figured I could always return the file if something blew up. Thanks! This was it! This has been going for about a year. Thank you Mr. Jackson.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost