Did you mean: 

Dynamtic block - layers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
S7v7n
216 Views, 5 Replies

Dynamtic block - layers

Hi

I attach a block with attributes and other parameters - is there a way I can link a layer depending to the drop down menu I select within the block? For example the block has 4 drop down chooses, Existing, new, reloc & remove, I would like these 4 chooses to be linked to 4 different layers and colours i.e if I choose 'new' from the block it then places it on a layer called new equipment within the layers palette.

many thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
apurva_123
in reply to: S7v7n

You can apply layer properties "By Block",so that after inserting block you can change its layer properties like colour.

Message 3 of 6
sbrusco

Hi,

I think it is good practice to put all entities in a block on layer 0 (zero) so i don't recommend this but...

You can put the objects in the block on specific layers. In your example, put the objects for the "New" choice/visibility on layer "New" with color BYLAYER... The caveat here is that you may have a duplication of objects if one object is to appear in two or more visibiity states. But this should work.

Sal

Message 4 of 6
S7v7n
in reply to: apurva_123

I am doing that at the moment, I would like to speed up the process with just one click selecting from the drop down menu in the block which links it automatically as part of the parameters of the block.
Message 5 of 6
S7v7n

Does anyone know have this can be done??

Message 6 of 6
apurva_123

Create a bock copies such that they are overlapped with different layers/colour and specify visibility states respectively. So that after clicking on drop down list you will get different states(with different layer properties).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost