Did you mean: 

Dynamic UCS feature

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cadpro78
452 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic UCS feature

Ok, I am about 60% new at drawing in 3D AutoCAD.  I have seen several AutoCAD experts (on Youtube, Autodesk blogs, etc.) using AutoCAD 2015, but not using Dynamic UCS?   Then I witness someone saying that they wouldn't work with out it.  What the side effects, if any, if you have it on all the time when creating 3D objects/buildings?    It just seems a bit easier to work with.   I welcome all feedback - good or bad.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: cadpro78

Dynamic UCS is just another tool in the toolbox.  How much you use it depends on what you're doing, and the order in which you prefer to do it.  For myself, I only use it when I'm working on solid objects that are not orthogonal to each other.  In other words, if most of the edges and surfaces are generally square/perpendicular to each other, then I just orient the UCS accordingly if necessary and use OSnap Tracking/Polar/Ortho etc. If there are a lot of different angles, then Dynamic UCS saves a lot of time manually reorienting the UCS.

Message 3 of 3
cadpro78
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks for your valued information.  That's is exactly what I use it for too, as I am working in the mechanical engineering for a very large valve company.   I didn't know though, but surfaces/edges weren't the same as solids though when it comes to UCS.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost