Dynamic block question....

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
thisispreston
362 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic block question....

Hi all,

I've created a dynamic block for a display screen. It's just a simple rectangle for the screen plus a large cone shape coming off it showing the field of view for a screen that size. It's my first time creating blocks that have parameters etc. so I'm unsure what is and isn't possible.

My question is whether you can have relative parameters, so that when one is manipulated, it changes another accordingly.

You can see from the attachment I've had no problem giving the screen itself a rotation and the text a move parameter. What I would like it to do is when the screen is stetched, the FOV cone is scaled with it, so stays attached to the corners of the screen but scales up to allow for the bigger FOV you would get with a bigger screen. Obviously I don't want the screen to scale too because the depth of the screen needs to remain the same, it's only the width that needs to change.

I hope that made sense!

I'm using AutoCAD 2013.

Thanks,

Tom

-----------------------------------------------
"music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Yorx57
in reply to: thisispreston

I've re-attached your drawing with a re-done version of your block.  It works as I believe you want it to.  However, I am also on 2015 so not sure how well it will play in 2013.  Also note that I removed your parameter/action from the attribute as it is not needed.  Simply set it's "Lock Location" property to false.

My question is whether you can have relative parameters, so that when one is manipulated, it changes another accordingly.

Yes, you need to set the parameter's (not the action) "Chain Actions" property to "Yes" and include the parameter in the selection set of the <parent> parameter.

Message 3 of 3
thisispreston
in reply to: Yorx57

That is indeed exactly how I wanted it to work!! Thank you so much!

Seems to behave as I want it to in 2013 so it's all good.

I didn't know about the 'Chain Actions', that's obviously what I was missing. I also didn't realise that you didn't need a move paramter for attributes, you can just unlock the position and get the same effect, good to know for the future....

Thanks again, kudos for you!

-----------------------------------------------
"music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services