Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Insert and use lisp to modify Parameter

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
akshay.thakker
525 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Block Insert and use lisp to modify Parameter

Hi

I have a simple dynamic block for a break line with one dynamic parameter called "length". I want to use this inside a lisp routine which allows me to do the following

1. Select pt1,
  2. Select pt2,
  3. Show the block insert dialog, so I can manually scale the size of the break point inside the screen (with the help of my mouse)
  4. nsert the block using the following parameters
  5. insertion point, (mid point between pt1 & pt2)
  6. scale (use the scale as per point 3)
  7. angle (angle between pt1 & pt2)
  8. The lenght dynamic parameter = distance betwen pt1& pt2

While I am able to create a lisp routine to draw break line by manually asking for size of break, I would like to do it in a way that I can visually size the break point by using the dynamic block. I have also included that lisp routine along with the block for the dynamic break point.

I can insert the dynamic block using the parameters from 5 to 7 but dont know how to modify the lenght parameter from within a lisp routine.

Please help

Thanks

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: akshay.thakker

You're likely to get a better response by asking this on the Autolisp board.  There is a larger concentration of people who speak lisp over there so the pool of people who can help is bigger.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/bd-p/130

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
akshay.thakker
in reply to: doni49

Will Do. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost