2 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 4
Accepted Solution

Dynamic block in action does not reflect test block

214 Views, 3 Replies
01-24-2013 05:20 AM

Greetings.

I am in the process of fixing one of our dynamic blocks. It's a fairly simple fix where there was a typo in one of the names of our items in the lookup that needed to be fixed.

I changed the name of the item in the lookup table. I went and did the test block and it seemed to work fine, but when I bring the block into a drawing, it reverts back to the old lookup as if I did nothing at all.

I made sure that the path was correct and I even just dragged and dropped straight from Windows Explorer to no avail.

Does AutoCAD keep referring to the old block? Did I forget to change something else?

Thanks.

A "Purge" of the block in your drawing before you bring it in again should do the trick.

*Expert Elite*
2,451 Posts
262 Kudos
Post 2 of 4

Re: Dynamic block in action does not reflect test block

01-24-2013 05:25 AM in reply to: asidarta

Hello

Have you tried a BATTMAN or ATTSYNC command to resynchronize the new definition of the Block ?

Bye, Patrice

Bye, Pat ( Supporting Troops )
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Compliment) - Thanks
*Pro
1,086 Posts
138 Kudos
Post 3 of 4

01-24-2013 05:58 AM in reply to: asidarta

A "Purge" of the block in your drawing before you bring it in again should do the trick.

2 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 4 of 4

01-24-2013 07:03 AM in reply to: asidarta

I tried BATTMAN and ATTSYNC but I think those are only useful if my dynamic block had attributes.

Purging the block worked!

Thanks to you both.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!