Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Help?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
laurengyure
235 Views, 5 Replies

Dynamic Block Help?

Hi,

I am trying to get the hang of dynamic blocks to eventually create a block that will contain all possible sizes of the different types of piping we use etc. Essentially, I just want to know how to create a 3" piece, and have the dropdown to select 4", 5", 6" etc. I have watched tutorials, and tried to read through on how to do so but do not understand the perameters and actions that I would need to do. Is there anyone that can simplify this process for me?

I would also be interested in creating valves and having the dropdown give me the option to view top, bottom, side etc.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have been using Autocad a long time and am a bit frustrated that I am missing a step and/or cannot quite figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks so much!!

Lauren

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kadmonkee8
in reply to: laurengyure

Hi.

we use dynamic blocks to represent pipe rise and drops as symbols and are annotative so we are not too concerned with the physical size

see attached dwg as example 2 blocks both Annotative and both have different features to accommadate different scenarios.

as far as the views you are talking about multiview blocks (3d) options

we only draw in 2d AutoCAD but do have an extensive library of symbols as standards some annotative others not most are Dynamic.

open the file and select the block then go into the block editor to see how it was put together.

I hope this helps get you started using dynamic blocks

Message 3 of 6
laurengyure
in reply to: kadmonkee8

Thanks so much for getting back to me. It will be much easier to have an actual dynamic block in front of me to figure out. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Hoping this will make it easier for me to see the steps and what im missing!

Lauren

Message 4 of 6

hi Laurengyure,

have you watch video tutorial about visibility state parameters?

you need to create some types of blocks depends on the distinction.and you can paste it inside the blocks. and use the visibility state parameters to choose what you want to be visible.. The current visibility state determines what objects are visible in the Block Editor. You can select objects that you want to show or hide as you work in the Block Editor.....

hope this will help..

cheers

Ver

Message 5 of 6

Hi Val,

I have not watched that tutorial. I will do so now. Thank you very much for your help! 🙂

Lauren

Message 6 of 6
laurengyure
in reply to: laurengyure

Ver... my apologies. Was glancing quickly at work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost