Did you mean: 

Dynamic block action icons keep piling up

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sgauthier
1559 Views, 7 Replies

Dynamic block action icons keep piling up

I've got about a dozen action icons distributed around the dynamic block definition.  They are placed in intuitive spots so I know which one does what.  When I close out of the editor and then go back into the editor they are all piled up in the same spot.  I am constantly having to spread them out to get at the ones I want.  Any ideas?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
kadmonkee8
in reply to: sgauthier

which version of AutoCAD?

can you post the example block?

dynamic blocks with visibility states and action parameters?

is the block annotative?

Message 3 of 8
sgauthier
in reply to: kadmonkee8

Acad 2015.  yes parameters and actions.  Not annotative. 

The one giving me problems yesterday now behaves just fine.  Now some of the action icons in chan.dwg don't even appear until i select and move the parameter grip then they magically appear.    Regen sometimes makes them appear.  Seems very unstable compared to Acad 2014. 

Can you replicate the behavior I outline in the pdf?

Message 4 of 8
kadmonkee8

the block appears to be working correctly on my end

typically you would not see the action icons , only the grips

you only see the icons inside the block editor.see attached images of block editor test block and model space

block test.JPG

Model space block test.JPG

Message 5 of 8
sgauthier

Sorry I was unclear.  This whole thread applies to while working within the block editor environment.  I can't keep track of which action icon is which because they either don't appear until I move the associated paremeter grip or they keep piling up on top of each other.

Message 6 of 8
kadmonkee8

i see what you are talking about now

that is odd

I am not sure what is causing the repetition of icons as they are moved.

i added another stretch action and moved the icons, once i saved the block i got these blank icons (gray boxes )

sorry I am not much help here maybe there is a setting that allows you to manually locate the action icon.

bad block.JPG

Message 7 of 8
M_Hensley

If you set BACTIONBARMODE to 0 to use old style action objects does it do any better?

Message 8 of 8
sgauthier
in reply to: M_Hensley

YES!  It does much better.  I have regained control over action location and display of user defined action names.  Actually switching from 1 to 0 resulted in the icons snapping to the correct locations (attached left picture) which tells me autocad knew where they were supposed to be all along.  I wonder how much redundancy is in the software in order for it to keep track of "legacy" in addition to "improved" functionality.

Thank you M_Hensley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost