Did you mean: 

dymanic block not working

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jmontie
294 Views, 4 Replies

dymanic block not working

We are using a Dynamic block for status stamps. It uses the visiblity states. It is using a plotted date which is a proxy object. The block will not update in AutoCAD 2014 Mechanical. If I remove the proxy object, it will work fine. We have used this block since AutoCAD 2012. Does anybody have any ideas what would be wrong. I've reset my AutoCAD to default settings to rule out anything loaded with no luck.

I've already posted to the dynamic block forum, which doesn't seem to show up in the list of forums here and got nothing. I figure if I can't find it, it might not get viewed very often.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
M_Hensley
in reply to: jmontie

The date plotted is Rtext which is the forerunner to fields. For rtext to work AutoCAD must be able to find the file RText.arx. Is the loacation of this file available to mechanical?

Message 3 of 5
jmontie
in reply to: M_Hensley

Thanks for the reply. I did track down rtext.arx and tried to load it, but got this message. "text.arx is incompatible with this version of AutoCAD". But thanks, that answers that question. Now we have to figure out how bad we need the plotted date.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: jmontie

You forgot to install and load Express Tools. Fix that.

OR BETTER YET: Replace it with a FIELD which is, by default, present in all the versions of AutoCAD you have now and in the future.
Message 5 of 5
jmontie
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, I will pass it along. I appreciate all the input, I was stumped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost