DWG to PDF

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
507 Views, 6 Replies

DWG to PDF

Hi All,

So I am working with Autocad 2014 and I have literally 100's of detail drawings I have to plot as a pdf. Also, in each drawing I have to insert a file path field. Now, the thing is I know exactly how to do all of that, but I am wondering if there is a faster process, other than going into each drawing one at a time and inserting the field and plotting the pdf which is a very time consuming task.

thanks in advance!  

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TrevN
in reply to: Anonymous

Check out the PUBLISH command.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TrevN

What exactly does the publish command do? Is that just a way to plot seperate drawings all at once?

Message 4 of 7
pendean

PUBLISH is designed to print 100s of DWG files with one action, instead of 100s of actions.

For 'inserting" anything in 100s of files though, you will need to be spend some time customizing a solution with Lisp or other prgramming language available in AutoCAD. Can you elaborate in a lot more detail about what this is and where it needs to show up in a plot?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for replying guys, and yes that makes sense. So, what I'm trying to do is make a PDF detail book from over 100 autocad dwg details. Each one has to have there dwg file location path written underneath it. The file path is there so that I can immediatly locate that drawing in whatever folder it is located in when Reference that PDF. So I've figured out how to use Publish, but I still have to insert the dwg file path in each drawing.

thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Patchy

Maybe turn PLOT STAMP on would help you.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost