Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG to PDF

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kylecallahan
474 Views, 5 Replies

DWG to PDF

I've recently installed ACAD LT 2015.  in '14, I had a terrific dwg to pdf capability, both in the publish and in the plot routines.  2015 does not seem to include this function, or does it?  I would like to be able to export drawings with multiple layouts into a single, multi-page pdf.  It was so easy in '14.  Plpease let me know how to get this feature in '15.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ampster401
in reply to: kylecallahan

AutoCAD LT forum which may help you;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-general-discussion/bd-p/43

Haven't used LT in yrs but I suspect it should include the DWG To PDF.pc3 option within the plot dialog window.

Message 3 of 6
pendean

That did not change in LT2015: can you post screenshots of these missing items in the program?
And if you still have 2014 can you post screenshots of these in place?
Message 4 of 6
kylecallahan
in reply to: pendean

This is unusual - I’ve just tried on my computer at home, and I definitely have DWG To PDF - PDF eplot - by Autodesk. as a choice. And on my office computer, I definitely do not.

When selecting the “Publish” option from my home computer, I am able to generate the required multi-sheet pdf as I had done in my original 2014 LT install, but from my office computer, I do not have that capability. The process seems to work, but at the end, I get errors as shown in the file I sent yesterday. So, what is unclear, is why do I have different installations on my office computer and my home computer? I definitely need them to be the same. I’ve had a similar problem all along in that the settings on one computer do not match the settings on the other, when I assumed that Autodesk 360 would manage that relationship - making sure that the settings and installation were identical. This may be an error in my expectations.

The crux move is - how do I get the same capability to publish multi-page pdf’s on my office computer as I have on my home computer, and get that DWG to PDF driver? Do you think a re-install is called for at my office? and is there a way to ensure that the two machines - both desktop windows 8.1, nearly identical boxes - can be configured so that the settings match?

I’m truly grateful for any steering that you can give me in this respect. I can’t run home every time I need to generate amulti-page pdf.

Thanks!

Kyle Callahan

Sent from Windows Mail
Message 5 of 6
pendean

Probably got deleted manually at the office somehow.

PLOTTERMANAGER command is the command to recreate any missing OOTB driver: use the ADD-A-Plotter wizard and in your case you want the Autodesk ePLOT PDF driver to set up, ensure the resulting PC3 file is the correct name like you have it at home.
Message 6 of 6
ampster401

you could simply determine the path and location of the plotter configuration files (Options > Files tab > expand Printer Support File Path > expand Printer Configuration Search Path) and then copy any missing files from your home setup to your work setup.

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost