Did you mean: 

drawing update

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
aharri40
195 Views, 1 Reply

drawing update

Good morning, To start off i'm a newbie to this. Been using autocad 2013 on/off the past year and i will have plenty of stupid questions.

First off, I work in the engineering dept and i have been given a project to update all site drawings. I have 3 drawings all in autocad mechanical, 1 of the building itself, the ground floor with the building outline and all machinery/equipment inside it and the mezzanine floor again with the building outline and all machinery/equipment. the question is, If i add or modify any part of the building in the first drawing, how do i get it to update the further 2 drawings including layers. Also should i be using Architect for building drawings? I did not create these drawings from the start and moving bits about to get the best results is fine with me.

Views and opinions much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hwalker
in reply to: aharri40

Welcome to the Forums

You need to explore using X-REFS.

You make the base plan an xref. Then you insert your base plan (as an xref) into your other drawings.

Now anytime you make a change to your floor plan it will be reflected in the other drawings when you load them up.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost