Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does acad 2013 have a simple block editor?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
NelsCS
323 Views, 9 Replies

Does acad 2013 have a simple block editor?

sometimes when tracing over scanned images I find it necessary to scale non uniformly to restore proper aspect. This was easy under acad 2008 and older by using the block editor. Now that I'm using acad 2013 there only seems to be the dynamic block editor which at least appears to be a more complex tool to use and one I haven't any experiance with. Is there some way to invoke the classic simple block editor or will I have to bite the bullet and find some tutorials on the dynamic block editor?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: NelsCS

REFEDIT and BEDIT are the only two commands in your old and newer AutoCADs.
So if it not either one of those you ran a third party editor in your old version. What was it called?
Message 3 of 10
NelsCS
in reply to: pendean

There was no third party add on, as I recall when you pasted as a block or invoked the bedit command you got a dialog box offering a number of options among them being seperate x and y scaling. in acad 2013 the bedit command takes you to the dynamic block editor.

Message 4 of 10
kentr8

get your seperate x-y scaling at insert

Message 5 of 10
pendean

That's INSERT command, not any block editor command.
Message 6 of 10
kentr8

I know but confusion and all that ya know

Message 7 of 10
pendean
in reply to: kentr8

I meant to reply to the other fella, sorry I missed.
Message 8 of 10
pendean

That's INSERT command, not any block editor command.
Message 9 of 10
NelsCS

Thanks for your reply with clarification to the previous, also correct reply. I tried block from the insert pull down menu and it worked. I also tried per your suggestion invoking insert directly from the command line. I will now be able to use this method to scale x and y simultainously and correct the rotation as well.  

Message 10 of 10
isbelldl

Just wanted to add that you can change the x,y,z scales after the fact pretty easily from the properties palatte. Just type "properties", select your block, & type in the fields.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost