Did you mean: 

Do not print the text ...

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
TRLitsey
1337 Views, 8 Replies

Do not print the text ...

Hi there, I've spent about 30 minutes searching for this topic with no success so I'm asking for help.  In a panel assembly I want to put a few components on a layer that will be hidden.  The features on the hidden layer will be for panel options.  Can I put visible text on the drawing so someone opening the ACE 2014 file will see the text which will allert them to the hidden layer but the text will be inhibited from print on paper or PDF.  Thank you

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sthompson1021
in reply to: TRLitsey

Put the text on it's own layer and set the layer to no plot?

Message 3 of 9
TRLitsey
in reply to: sthompson1021

That was just toooo easy.  Thank you

Message 4 of 9
sthompson1021

We all have our "brain f**ts" Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
ampster402

I thought this was common practice, anything you do not want printed but visible on screen - place that on the defpoints layer.

That's an already created non-printable layer.  OK, you have to place at least one dimension for that layer to be created.

Message 6 of 9
scot-65

And yet one more method... OK, two:

In lieu of dedicated layer(s) that can be turned off, thus rendering the note useless, create a new pen number to your library and assign that pen to have a grayscale of 0%. That way one can leave the note in the layer in question and will not have to worry about it showing up in a plot. Simply force this new color onto the object (CHPROP).

I have also seen a forced color of 255 to do the job as well (as long as #255 is not set to black). This was used on WIPEOUT objects.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 7 of 9
TRLitsey
in reply to: sthompson1021

Ha, I prefer to refer to those as ‘senior moments’,  and high school for me was when a #2 yellow and a piece of paper was your calculator, \;P

Message 8 of 9
sthompson1021

I started to write that but thought I might offend some of the younger folks.Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Here's another choice that would work if you are using viewports.

You can freeze the text layer in the viewport so it doesn't show at all in paperspace.

So then you would only see it when you are working in modelspace.

Radar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost