Did you mean: 

disapearing blocks with copy & paste or insert command

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
BLEWIS2
6182 Views, 7 Replies

disapearing blocks with copy & paste or insert command

Having an issue in 2013. Sometimes when i copy and paste a block it does not show up in the drawing.

I draw commecial retail and I have block for each interested tenant.  I use these blocks in every drawing. Only recently I have had an issue witht he block not copying or inserting.  In both cases (copying or inserting) it appears and looks corect and follows the curser.  I then enter the base point selcted (everything is fine.)  then enter roatation (everythign is fine)  and hit enter to ok and it then disappears.  

So I then open block editor and select its temp file name or name and it appears correct in the window.   I go to hit ok and it disapears again.

I can not get the block to appear anywhere in the drawing. 

I have tried zoom extents

I have tried turngin everythign to layer 0

I have tried purges and audits

I have tried copying the block out as a block & even  exploding it and making a new block out of the original

I have tried wblock and make a complele new block

I have tried replacing my video card with an upgrade

something is not allowing me to insert the linework i need.   any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DaveFuller
in reply to: BLEWIS2

Regen
Message 3 of 8
smbrennan

Are you placing the block on a layer that is turned off or frozen? Likewise, what about the geometry within the block?

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 4 of 8
BLEWIS2
in reply to: DaveFuller

Regen does not seem to be the problem, but thanks for the suggestions. 

Note: I opened (2) window sessions of Autocad, the 1st session is an old drawing containg a tenant block from another site  and the 2nd is the current site i would like to copy that same tenant block into.  So i selected it, copy with base point command and open the window in seesion 2 and paste as block command.  It worked as it should. . . . . . at this point i realize i am not ready for the tenant onthe site so i delete it (rather than turn it off or mocve it out of the way-  neigher here nor there)  Then do some more site work, changing layers and drawing. At this point I want the same tenant block back so i flip to window one again (never closed)  do the same copy base point command.  Go back to window 2 and past as block (same as before) and it will not appear.  

why would it work the 1st time and not he second or third or fourth times. I tryed closing all the sessions and recreating and it will not come back. I trying using different insert methods but nothing is working.  even exploding and creating new blocks to insert. 

must have something to do with the insert commnad because I can select other tenant blocks out of window 1 and insert them in window 2. I can do it two or trhee times and then on the 4th time (same block, same drawing, same window, same day, same everything) it wont.   DISAPPEARS.

Message 5 of 8
BLEWIS2
in reply to: smbrennan

Does not appear to be layer isue 

Note:  The tenant blocks will work fine and then not work in the same drawing session.  meaning i can insert them once fine, delete the block and try to re-create the same insert 10 seconds later and that is when i run into the problem.   

How can it work fine once then not again. Even if i close the sessions, restart the computer and try to re-create exactly what i did the 1st time. Block will NOT show or be visible. 

Note: Not to say that I could be mising somethign simple but I have a very good understanding of blocks, layers, inserting, purge, nesting as I have been using autocad professionaly for 12 years.  

Message 6 of 8
BLEWIS2

Autocad has a new purge issued as Hotfix    - see here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-C2-AE-dgn-hot...

seems to have solved the issue for now, but what i understand it not permant fix,  command needs to be run on every drawing every time the file acts up as it is a bloating problem.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

i have also getting same problem , do you get any answer kindly send me too

manythanks.,

Message 8 of 8
BLEWIS2
in reply to: Anonymous

I found out this is related to DGN blocks thru the graphic card. . .   Auto desk has a hotfix file you can download and then load into autocad after starting autocad but before a session is open.  for a few months,   i just loaded the hot fix  ".DLL file"  but then I received an upgraded video card from a buddy and after installing that - the problem went away. 

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost