Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable or hide DWL files

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
vvargas1785
8639 Views, 8 Replies

Disable or hide DWL files

Anyone know how to stop my computer from creating DWL files? Hiding them will work too i just dont want to see them in the folfers

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: vvargas1785

They are core to the system, and go away when no one is in a DWG file, you cannot disable them.
If they are there and no one is in a DWG file in that folder, you can safely delete them.
Message 3 of 9
sthompson1021

Don't look in the folder while the dwg is openSmiley Very Happy Seriously, is there a problem with them not going away after the dwg is closed? I know you can't stop them from being created, not sure about hiding them but they should disapear as soon as you close the dwg.

Message 4 of 9
sthompson1021

If you are still looking for a way to hide the DWL files, I came across a post today that is the answer to your question. You have to set your folder options in windows to not show hidden files. In Win 7 it's accessed thru the control panel.

Message 5 of 9

This is a very late response but i just stumbled upon these "annoying" files and the way to hide them is to go to the start menu / Control Panel / Folder Options / click on the View Tab / look under the Advanced settings menu options: select the Don't show hidden files, folders, and drives option and poof they are out of your presence. Robot Happy 

Message 6 of 9

@chavezfrancisco74 wrote:

This is a very late response but i just stumbled upon these "annoying" files and the way to hide them is to go to the start menu / Control Panel / Folder Options / click on the View Tab / look under the Advanced settings menu options: select the Don't show hidden files, folders, and drives option and poof they are out of your presence. Robot Happy 

Welcome to these Forums!

Same message as Post 4.  Personally, I wouldn't want to hide them.  If they're not disappearing when drawings are closed normally, there's something wrong that should probably be investigated.  If, when all drawings are closed, there are still some around, they're probably left over from an AutoCAD crash rather than normal closing, but [see Post 2] I would want to delete them right away -- they serve no purpose whatsoever in that situation.  If you never see them, you could accumulate a lot of them over time and never know it, utterly wasting the disk capacity they consume.  [Admittedly it's not much waste -- they're tiny files -- but more than the zero it would be with them deleted.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 9
tkima
in reply to: sthompson1021

It is all about Hide or un-Hide. To do that go to your Folder where you store your files. Click on View Tap and un-check Hidden items. Problem solved. 

InkedUntitled112_LI.jpg

Message 8 of 9
brett.bendele

How can you hide them in AutoCAD 2023 for MacOS ? 

Brett
Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: brett.bendele

@brett.bendele repost and ask MAC users in that dedicated forum over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac/ct-p/4051

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost