Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between STARTUP (System Variable) Values 2 and 3?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tempogempo
1843 Views, 5 Replies

Difference between STARTUP (System Variable) Values 2 and 3?

I'm not new to AutoCad but have a question?

What is the difference between STARTUP (System Variable) Values 2 and three ... I'm confused .. is there an example to apply?

.. Thanks very much

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: tempogempo

3 preloads the Ribbon. 2 doesn't, just has the tab
Message 3 of 6
tempogempo
in reply to: pendean

I tested it too many Times .. change from startup system variable value 3  to 2 and vise versa  ... but noticed no difference happened !!

so my new question is when i should set startup system variable value to 2 and when set to 3 ?

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: tempogempo

Why are you so focused on this tiny quirk? There is no gain/benefit to either 2 or 3, it's a pointless choice from what anyone can tell.

IMHO your REAL and true choices are: should STARTUP be 0, 1, or 2/3
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

>> change from startup system variable value 3  to 2 and vise versa  ... but noticed no difference happened !!

In both settings you land in the New Tab ribbon, the difference is when you click onto the "Start Drawing" field:

with setting 3 ... the default template is used for the new drawing

with setting 2 ... clicking "Start Drawing" brings you to a dialog where you can select the layout to use.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6

Thanks a Lot

You gave me the key to solve the mystery

>> with setting 3 ... the default template is used for the new drawing

The Red Words was the key ... I found I had no default template, so, after adding a default template from (Options-Files-Template Settings-Default Template File Name For QNEW), it put things right ...

thanks again ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost