Did you mean: 

Desperately need help with AutoCAD program

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
simunovicdanilo
356 Views, 4 Replies

Desperately need help with AutoCAD program

My problem is that my AutoCAD 2013 and 2015 is not running smoothly as it should be. When clicking and dragging a drawn object, it stutters a bit and then doesnt continue to move with the cursor. Also, i cant double click my wheel to get the object in the frame. I would like to know if my graphics card will run the program or not and if not, what settings do i need to play with on my computer, or autocad
to fix this issue. thanks so much in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Here are my specs:

Dell Studio XPS 9100

i7 930@2.80 GHz

8gb RAM

64 bit

Graphics Card is an ATI Radeon HD 5670

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

first at all try to update your ATI driver, also try within AutoCAD to set hardware acceleration to off and see if that makes anything better.

Also important: start testing all that with new drawings, just a few lines.

>> Also, i cant double click my wheel to get the object in the frame

Try that also in new drawings and see if it also does not work then.

Another check can be done by either reset the AutoCAD profile (>>>description<<<) or login to your Windows with a new user account and run AutoCAD/your tests again.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Hey Alfred, Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately I still experiencing the same problems after following all of your steps. Do you think my video card is outdated for it? I am considering buying the cheapest recommended video card that autoCAD recommends just to see. 

Best regards,

Danilo

Message 4 of 5

I found the solution in my scenario and wanted to post it for all those who might be experiencing the same problems. For me it was a simple uninstall of Logitech SetPoint software that came with my mouse. I am running the mouse of the windows system. Everything now works as it should. 

Message 5 of 5

Thank you for reporting back here your solution! - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost